Creighton in MVC title game

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Creighton in MVC title game

Postby bostonfriar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Creighton is too far from Washington and Richmond so it should not be in the Big East. I think there should be a 100 mile limit and the Big East should buy a fleet of buses for league travel.
bostonfriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby whiteandblue77 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 pm

bostonfriar wrote:Creighton is too far from Washington and Richmond so it should not be in the Big East. I think there should be a 100 mile limit and the Big East should buy a fleet of buses for league travel.

:lol:
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby mel ott » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 am

Jaybacker wrote:Here in St Louis getting ready for the game. CBS 1pm. Over 8000 CU fans expected here, but I was most pleased to see 1200+ Creighton grads, alumni, and friends celebrate mass this morning in the hotel ballroom. CU is a proud Catholic institution and while the new league might not have an official religious identity there is no question we fit the ideals of the other league members.

Go Jays!

I just got back from St Louis an hour ago - extra hour of travel w snowstorms. It's a usual 6.5 hr drive from Omaha and somewhere between 5000-8000 fans made it from CU during the tournament. THis tournament is one of the few drawbacks from us leaving the Valley. It is one of the most intense conf tournaments in the country because every team is thinking they need to win to get in the tournie and there are a number of 40-90 RPI teams fighting for a chance. I would like to say "congrats to Wichita State" - it will be a rivalry that most all CU fans will miss. They are a very tough team and hopefully will be in the tournament as well. . Jaybacker makes a great point above. This is a reunion weekend for a lot of us and we party to the late hours. We have alumni/fans from across the US that come to the tournament ( in fact it may increase attendance from Alums from other major cities across the country). It is really neat that there were between 1,000-1,500 people at the second floor Sunday mass AT 9 am (after the daylight savings time change and some not needing any more wine). It is a special connection combining school, faith, and friends in a great weekend. I hope we can continue the tradition ( maybe in slightly smaller numbers ) in the new league. I can't wait for an announcement.
mel ott

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

Jaybacker wrote:Here in St Louis getting ready for the game. CBS 1pm. Over 8000 CU fans expected here, but I was most pleased to see 1200+ Creighton grads, alumni, and friends celebrate mass this morning in the hotel ballroom. CU is a proud Catholic institution and while the new league might not have an official religious identity there is no question we fit the ideals of the other league members.

Go Jays!

One of the great weekends of my year and I talked to a lot of fans already making plans for NYC next year. Fr. Lannon spoke at mass and I hoped he would give just a nugget or a wink about this being our last visit to ST Louis, but he was stoic. Said "only God knows" when asked.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Jays are back in both AP and Coaches poll today.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board