Bold BE Predictions for 2016-17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Bold BE Predictions for 2016-17

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:
milksteak wrote:

Let's just evaluate this real quick. His picks minus the actual finish:
-2 Creighton (actually, finished tied for 3rd)
-4 Georgetown
-3 DePaul
-3 Xavier
-1 Seton Hall (finished tied for 3rd)
-2 St. John's
+6 Villanova
+5 Marquette (finished tied for 3rd)
+6 Providence
+8 Butler

That's pretty damn amazing.

Fixed it...how they finished in the regular season standings (which is what he was predicting) and the teams' seeding in the tournament are not the same thing.

Still atrocious predictions, nonetheless.

Fixed your fixed post, came here to sort of pat myself on the back for getting the 7 in the tourney prediction right and couldn't let gtmo slide that easily for predicting Nova 7th. He missed by 6 spots regardless of who tied for how many spots, but then again I missed Providence by 5 spots, so what do I know?

Obviously we are not looking at the same gtmo prediction. The one that was bumped in this thread had Villanova tied for 2nd. Not sure where the prediction of 7th came from but, if he or anyone else predicted a 7th place finish for Villanova, they should probably be banned from talking college hoops for a year...maybe forever.
Savannah Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milksteak » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Tpcorcoran3 wrote:With all due respect for the great year Butler and Nova had.. given all the production that was lost, the strength of the conference, the lack of proven, experienced talent, and the way the team finished .. Ed Cooley had his finest coaching job and should have been honored with COY.

With all due respect, Providence was going to be better than any of you anticipated. Maybe everybody was just wrong? I don't think Providence had some exceptional season. I expected them to be good. Cooley has proven us wrong too many times.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:
Fixed your fixed post, came here to sort of pat myself on the back for getting the 7 in the tourney prediction right and couldn't let gtmo slide that easily for predicting Nova 7th. He missed by 6 spots regardless of who tied for how many spots, but then again I missed Providence by 5 spots, so what do I know?

Obviously we are not looking at the same gtmo prediction. The one that was bumped in this thread had Villanova tied for 2nd. Not sure where the prediction of 7th came from but, if he or anyone else predicted a 7th place finish for Villanova, they should probably be banned from talking college hoops for a year...maybe forever.

Didn't go back and double check this thread, but I swear somewhere gtmo predicted Nova 7th. Maybe it was on the Bluejay forum or his "blog" or maybe I'm just misremembering. gtmo has a habit of intentionally underrating Nova every preseason as a little jab, it's all good, you just got to get used to his style/shtick.
Westbrook#36

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
Didn't go back and double check this thread, but I swear somewhere gtmo predicted Nova 7th. Maybe it was on the Bluejay forum or his "blog" or maybe I'm just misremembering. gtmo has a habit of intentionally underrating Nova every preseason as a little jab, it's all good, you just got to get used to his style/shtick.

It is all good...just making sure I wasn't the brain farter...cause that happens more frequently than I care to admit.

Nice weekend by your Wildcats...cheers.

PS You may deserve some props for even reading ole gtmo!
Savannah Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Westy, westy. It happens when you get old Westy. 1st there is a physical reaction (twitch, kneejerk, shaky hands, stuttering) to emotional stressors. Sometimes the memory is faulty - causing you to remember (read: remake/redesign "memories") things differently, than what happened. gtmoBlue can have that effect on some folks.

It's okay Westy, you've got 6 months of rest and recuperation coming up. I picked Nova 3rd in all my official preseason posts.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby mel ott » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:32 pm

milksteak wrote:
Tpcorcoran3 wrote:With all due respect for the great year Butler and Nova had.. given all the production that was lost, the strength of the conference, the lack of proven, experienced talent, and the way the team finished .. Ed Cooley had his finest coaching job and should have been honored with COY.

With all due respect, Providence was going to be better than any of you anticipated. Maybe everybody was just wrong? I don't think Providence had some exceptional season. I expected them to be good. Cooley has proven us wrong too many times.

I also love Cooley. They did show on the Big East tournament ( with Gus W. I believe) that even Cooley understood the 8-9 projections and was surprised himself about their progress. Granted, great coach, but he was surprised as well. #go big east.
mel ott

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Credit to Cooley, I did not think he could take the team back to the tournament. Kudos to him, this was definitely his best coaching job ever.
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board