Re: General BE news thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:16 am

Novachap

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:33 am

I hate ESPN but she does have a very significant point: Georgetown needs to pull their weight. As a name brand they haven't done anything since the NBE was formed.
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Thank you Big East!

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:28 pm

A few are musing about the "good" ol days over on BJU...reflecting on past years "wishin' n hopin', singin' n prayin', plannin' n schemin' " days back in the MVC. Prayin', beggin' (Gtwn, Nova, Iowa, Mizzou, KU, n many others) for a game. It was a far cry from this season's schedule. Some of us Never Forget and use past transgressions as current fuel...

"I just want to Thank you for lettin' me be micelf, Again." Thank you Big East Conference. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Can't thank you enough.

Luv ya. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Hard to imagine what we've accomplished so far given what I consider 2 of the 3 "name recognition" teams in Georgetown and Marquette having a combine 1 NCAA appearance between the 2 in the last three years.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Jet915 wrote:Hard to imagine what we've accomplished so far given what I consider 2 of the 3 "name recognition" teams in Georgetown and Marquette having a combine 1 NCAA appearance between the 2 in the last three years.

And probably the #4 name team(St John's) with only 1 in 3 as well.

It's remarkable at the conference given 3 of the top 4 schools by recognition have 2 NCAA spots in 1st 3 years.
stever20

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 am

No comment.

Georgetown basketball reduced to bizarre proposal ticket package - Associated Press/ NY Post - September 21, 2016

Georgetown University might have found a basketball promotion more pressure packed than trying to make a shot from halfcourt.

The school is offering a marriage proposal package for its 17 home games this season that includes a money-back guarantee in the event that someone’s significant other says no.

Georgetown announced the matrimonial promotion on social media Monday. Chris Grosse, the school’s marketing director, said he has received some calls already expressing interest.

“I got married a couple years ago and know how big of a deal the proposal is,” Grosse said. “We’ve also had a couple people call in saying they wish we offered it a couple years ago when they were getting ready to be married.”

The package starts at $100, and nuptial-minded hoops fans get a planner to craft the perfect proposal, seats to the game, T-shirts and a photographer to capture the occasion.

Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby BEX » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:44 pm

BEX

Postby gosports1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:No comment.

Georgetown basketball reduced to bizarre proposal ticket package - Associated Press/ NY Post - September 21, 2016

Georgetown University might have found a basketball promotion more pressure packed than trying to make a shot from halfcourt.

The school is offering a marriage proposal package for its 17 home games this season that includes a money-back guarantee in the event that someone’s significant other says no.

Georgetown announced the matrimonial promotion on social media Monday. Chris Grosse, the school’s marketing director, said he has received some calls already expressing interest.

“I got married a couple years ago and know how big of a deal the proposal is,” Grosse said. “We’ve also had a couple people call in saying they wish we offered it a couple years ago when they were getting ready to be married.”

The package starts at $100, and nuptial-minded hoops fans get a planner to craft the perfect proposal, seats to the game, T-shirts and a photographer to capture the occasion.

you get your money back plus you get to be embarrassed in front of your guests and other Georgetown fans!
I woner if the guests get money back as well
gosports1

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Justin Patton is one of 20 centers named to watch list for Kareem Abdul Jabbar Award. Little surprised considering he hasnt played a game yet but cool nonetheless.

http://gocreighton.com/news/2016/10/21/-m-basketball-justin-patton-named-to-kareem-abdul-jabbar-watch-list.aspx
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board