General BE news thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: General BE news thread

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 pm

gosports1 wrote:
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:No comment.

Georgetown basketball reduced to bizarre proposal ticket package - Associated Press/ NY Post - September 21, 2016

Georgetown University might have found a basketball promotion more pressure packed than trying to make a shot from halfcourt.

The school is offering a marriage proposal package for its 17 home games this season that includes a money-back guarantee in the event that someone’s significant other says no.

Georgetown announced the matrimonial promotion on social media Monday. Chris Grosse, the school’s marketing director, said he has received some calls already expressing interest.

“I got married a couple years ago and know how big of a deal the proposal is,” Grosse said. “We’ve also had a couple people call in saying they wish we offered it a couple years ago when they were getting ready to be married.”

The package starts at $100, and nuptial-minded hoops fans get a planner to craft the perfect proposal, seats to the game, T-shirts and a photographer to capture the occasion.

you get your money back plus you get to be embarrassed in front of your guests and other Georgetown fans!
I woner if the guests get money back as well

Well why not just fake it and get a free Georgetown game out of it?
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milksteak » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Jet915 wrote:Justin Patton is one of 20 centers named to watch list for Kareem Abdul Jabbar Award. Little surprised considering he hasnt played a game yet but cool nonetheless.

http://gocreighton.com/news/2016/10/21/-m-basketball-justin-patton-named-to-kareem-abdul-jabbar-watch-list.aspx

Great for Creighton, good for the league and all that other mumbo-jumbo...

Still makes no sense to me that they would put him on a list with the likes of Bryant, Kingsley. Meeks, Happ and Boucher. I mean...those are some seriousssssly talented players.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby BEX » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Let's get this show on the road: :D :D

https://twitter.com/edmondsumner/status ... 1209188353

BTW - Kaiser Gates out 4 weeks with a knee.
BEX

Postby LMS » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:45 am

Jet915 wrote:Justin Patton is one of 20 centers named to watch list for Kareem Abdul Jabbar Award. Little surprised considering he hasnt played a game yet but cool nonetheless.

http://gocreighton.com/news/2016/10/21/-m-basketball-justin-patton-named-to-kareem-abdul-jabbar-watch-list.aspx

I am a Jays fan and this makes no sense to me. I don't think he would even be starting if it were not for Hanson being out the first month of the season.
LMS

Postby Jet915 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:13 am

LMS wrote:

I am a Jays fan and this makes no sense to me. I don't think he would even be starting if it were not for Hanson being out the first month of the season.

I agree but he is a 4/5 star recruit. I do legitimately believe he has NBA potential in a couple years.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:05 am

I think part of it is how few actual centers there are around. It's a dying breed quite frankly. A lot of even P5 conference teams don't have a center.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:35 am

stever20 wrote:I think part of it is how few actual centers there are around. It's a dying breed quite frankly. A lot of even P5 conference teams don't have a center.

Sure but I'd put Bradley Hayes, Jessie Govan, Taylor Wideman, Luke Fischer, Angel Delgado, Yankuba Sima, Darryl Reynolds, and Sean O'mara over Patton just from the BE alone. Yeah a couple of those guys are listed as PFs but are or will play center.
hoyahooligan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:04 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
stever20 wrote:I think part of it is how few actual centers there are around. It's a dying breed quite frankly. A lot of even P5 conference teams don't have a center.

Sure but I'd put Bradley Hayes, Jessie Govan, Taylor Wideman, Luke Fischer, Angel Delgado, Yankuba Sima, Darryl Reynolds, and Sean O'mara over Patton just from the BE alone. Yeah a couple of those guys are listed as PFs but are or will play center.

Geez hoyerwhooligan. I'm surprised u left the water boys, your bartender, and that mutt of a mascot off your list. To hear u tell it, the average G'twn hooker is better! Go Hangin' Saxas! The season is upon us - we'll see soon enough.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Just out of curiosity, have there been any takers of Georgetown's marriage proposal package yet?

Big East Primer: Surprises, Disappointments, Tiered Rankings and More - The Dagger, Yahoo! - December 27, 2016
January is just around the corner. Conference play is finally here. And that means it’s time to reassess college basketball’s top teams and players, as well as its most competitive leagues, as the season kicks into gear. We’ll highlight surprises, disappointments, and player and freshman of the year candidates before ranking teams by tiers and making one bold prediction for the next two-and-a-half months.

Our second of six conference primers looks at the Big East, which comprises much more than just the defending national champs.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Justin Patton is 1 of 10 finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award given to NCAA's best center. More: http://creigh.to/thue308EzKH #KareemAward
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board