2017 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017 Recruiting Class could be the best yet

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 am

Georgetown now up to #37.
top 50- '14 had 4, '17 has 3
51-100 '14 had 11, '17 has 8
101-150 '14 had 6, '17 has 4

'17 still has a little bit more to do- but it sure is going good. Totally makes sense after Nova winning the title last year.
Last edited by stever20 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TAMU Eagle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:58 am

Congrats to the Hoyas.
TAMU Eagle

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Sounds like Nova has 2 in for official visits this weekend- Lonnie Walker and Quade Green.

ESPN lists Walker as being Arizona favorite at 60%. 247 has Arizona at 78% with Nova only at 7%.
ESPN lists Green as being Syracuse favorite at 65%. 247 has Syracuse at 78% with Nova only at 5%.

would be huge if Nova can get 1 of those 2.
stever20

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 am

stever20 wrote:Sounds like Nova has 2 in for official visits this weekend- Lonnie Walker and Quade Green.

ESPN lists Walker as being Arizona favorite at 60%. 247 has Arizona at 78% with Nova only at 7%.
ESPN lists Green as being Syracuse favorite at 65%. 247 has Syracuse at 78% with Nova only at 5%.

Quade isn't coming to Nova. Prob Cuse.

Walker has said publicly that he is not leaning towards anyone yet. The crystal ball predictions to UA are dart throws at best. Down to Nova, UK, Miami, UA, and possibly Cuse. Also the Ariz class is already 4 deep with Brandon Randolph in tow as a 2G (along with another 2G, Alex Barcello). Not sure how probable signing a 3rd 2G (2nd Top 10 2G) would be for Miller, but who knows. Just not sure top kids want to go in and compete for time if they don't have to.

Dad wants him to go away, mom wants him to stay close to home. In that regard I think it's a coin flip for Nova.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:11 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
stever20 wrote:Sounds like Nova has 2 in for official visits this weekend- Lonnie Walker and Quade Green.

Walker has said publicly that he is not leaning towards anyone yet. The crystal ball predictions to UA are dart throws at best. Down to Nova, UK, Miami, UA, and possibly Cuse. Also the Ariz class is already 4 deep with Brandon Randolph in tow as a 2G (along with another 2G, Alex Barcello). Not sure how probable signing a 3rd 2G (2nd Top 10 2G) would be for Miller, but who knows. Just not sure top kids want to go in and compete for time if they don't have to.

Dad wants him to go away, mom wants him to stay close to home. In that regard I think it's a coin flip for Nova.

A lot of times you see schools playing with 3 guards(if not 4 actually). Both Randolph and Walker are in that 6'5-6'6 range where they could guard at least some 3's.

Also, the other guard Arizona got -Alex Barcello- is a point guard, not a shooting guard.

so you could see Barcello, Randolph, Walker, Ayton, and Lee- all playing easily at the same time.
stever20

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 am

stever20 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:

A lot of times you see schools playing with 3 guards(if not 4 actually). Both Randolph and Walker are in that 6'5-6'6 range where they could guard at least some 3's.

Also, the other guard Arizona got -Alex Barcello- is a point guard, not a shooting guard.

so you could see Barcello, Randolph, Walker, Ayton, and Lee- all playing easily at the same time.

Alex Barcello, according to ESPN recruiting sites, is a shooting guard not a point. Either way, no big deal I'm not saying that he will not be a PG at UA but that's not what ESPN lists him as.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/198175/alex-barcello

Also what would certainly make Walker pause regarding a commitment to UA are the horses already in the barn. Is there a 100% guarantee that both Alonzo Trier and Rawle Alkins will be bolting for the NBA next year? Neither is projected to be a 1st round pick (Draft Express). If one or both stay, now they have 3 or 4 guys who all play the same position. Do you think Walker would take their minutes? So if Trier and Alkins average 30 mins / game then it leaves 20 minutes total for both Walker and Randolph to fight for. If you don't think that may affect another elite 2G's decision then we'll agree to disagree.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:31 am

I see he's listed as a point guard by ESPN. I do though see he's only 6'2 which is pretty short for a shooting guard and why I went with what 247 had.

I think your point about the horses already in the barn is far more important than who they have incoming. But look at the guys that Nova has coming back next year. Brunson, Booth, Bridges, DiVicenzo, Pascall. And Jermaine Simmons coming in as a small forward. That's quite a few guys at the same positions as well for Nova.
stever20

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:05 am

stever20 wrote:I see he's listed as a point guard by ESPN. I do though see he's only 6'2 which is pretty short for a shooting guard and why I went with what 247 had.

I think your point about the horses already in the barn is far more important than who they have incoming. But look at the guys that Nova has coming back next year. Brunson, Booth, Bridges, DiVicenzo, Pascall. And Jermaine Simmons coming in as a small forward. That's quite a few guys at the same positions as well for Nova.

Nova loses Hart and Jenkins, or about 60 mins per game. Although I like Divencenzo, he does not have the pedigree of an Alkins or a Trier. In other words I would expect a talent like Walker to be ahead of him on the depth chart. Pascall will be used like Jenkins. More a stretch 4 than a guard/wing. Walker would be no worse than a 6th man, who gets starter minutes.

Brunson
Booth
Bridges
Pascall
Spellman
Walker

But I am not necessarily predicting Walker to come to Nova, I just don't think UA is the favorite for him based on who Miller has already brought in. (Which was my point).
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Sean Miller is known for recruiting over players, especially guards. Both 2016-17 Sr 6-5 SG Elliott Pitts and Soph 6-5 PG/SG Justin Simon (5*) recently transferred out for the 2016 season. Miller keeps bringing in wave after wave of new wings...and the old ones have to go.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby hortle » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Gumby, is Paschall a good enough shooter to play like Jenkins? The impression I was under is that he wasn't as good of a 3pt shooter, but had more of a fleshed out inside game that Jenkins doesn't have.
hortle

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board