College Sports Madness Previews

The home for Big East hoops

Re: college sports madness previews

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:05 am

FriarJ wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...you were saying?[/quote]

Really? If Watson was playing, he would be leading the NCAA in assists so.......[/quote]

If Dunn was playing... So what he's not.[/quote]

This prediction was made in the preaseason. Dunn was an NBA draft pick already. Your argument rings hollow. When we were 18-1, Watson was the NCAA LEADER in assists. I'm happy the Big East looks to get 7 bids but I guarantee you that we wouldn't have 7 bids right now if Watson and Sumner were healthy and playing.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:11 am

Jet915 wrote:
This prediction was made in the preaseason. Dunn was an NBA draft pick already. Your argument rings hollow. When we were 18-1, Watson was the NCAA LEADER in assists. I'm happy the Big East looks to get 7 bids but I guarantee you that we wouldn't have 7 bids right now if Watson and Sumner were healthy and playing.

Winner winner chicken dinner
XU
JohnW22

Postby mcnaug167 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:57 am

JohnW22 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Ugh, stop it. Really sorry that happened to your team. That's a dumb statement though, even if John thinks it holds water. It's sports. Don't pretend like you know how things would have played out. We only know how things did play out.
mcnaug167

Postby FriarJ » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:34 am

mcnaug167 wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Ugh, stop it. Really sorry that happened to your team. That's a dumb statement though, even if John thinks it holds water. It's sports. Don't pretend like you know how things would have played out. We only know how things did play out.

Oh yes he does know. This board is full of expert predictors.
FriarJ

Re: College Sports Madness Previews

Postby FriarsForever » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 am

If this happened then blah blah blah. Woulda coulda shoulda my ass. Hate to see a guy get injured, sorry it caused Creighton to temper their expectations for the season, but that's basketball. If Cartwright's teammates hit every shot they took off of one of his passes this year he would hold the NCAA record in assists for a season. See? You can make "if" statements all day about what could have happened in fantasy land. You know what did happen? Kyron Cartwright led the Big East in assists, and he's going to do it again next year.
FriarsForever

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 pm

FriarsForever wrote:If this happened then blah blah blah. Woulda coulda shoulda my ass. Hate to see a guy get injured, sorry it caused Creighton to temper their expectations for the season, but that's basketball. If Cartwright's teammates hit every shot they took off of one of his passes this year he would hold the NCAA record in assists for a season. See? You can make "if" statements all day about what could have happened in fantasy land. You know what did happen? Kyron Cartwright led the Big East in assists, and he's going to do it again next year.

I know what your saying. Xavier was in the same situation 2 years ago where they got some events to happen in their benefit like playing Marquette without Matt Carlino and Xavier was down to Providence late in the second before Cooley ran off the floor and things turned around.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:04 pm

FriarsForever wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:
FriarsForever wrote:I'd put money down on Cartwright leading the league in APG the next 2 seasons lol.

lol, so you're joking and he won't lead the league? Because he won't.

Arizona State comes in at 60, 7th in the Pac-12.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13523

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...you were saying?

My hat's off to you for knowing Watson would get hurt. Congrats on your message board triumph.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm

I don't think anyone can argue that the injuries with Creighton and Xavier didn't alter things considerably....

I mean-
Creighton since the injury- has gone only 5-7. With losses in that to Marquette, Xavier, Seton Hall, Providence, and Marquette again
Xavier since the injury- has gone only 4-6. With injuries to Providence, Marquette, Seton Hall, and Marquette again.

Given how close that Xavier, Seton Hall, PC, and Marquette are on making the tourney- I don't think anyone can say that the injuries didn't have a huge impact- and helped the conference get quite possibly 7 teams in. I mean, especially Marquette- they got all 4 of their games vs Creighton and Xavier post injuries.

So to act like the bubble teams would have beaten Xavier and Creighton as much as they did if they would have been healthy to me seems like quite the stretch. And given how close the bubble teams are on making it even with the injuries- it's pretty easy to say with a good degree of certainty that without the injuries, there would have been absolutely no chance of the BE getting 7 teams in.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:54 pm

stever20 wrote:I don't think anyone can argue that the injuries with Creighton and Xavier didn't alter things considerably....

I mean-
Creighton since the injury- has gone only 5-7. With losses in that to Marquette, Xavier, Seton Hall, Providence, and Marquette again
Xavier since the injury- has gone only 4-6. With injuries to Providence, Marquette, Seton Hall, and Marquette again.

Given how close that Xavier, Seton Hall, PC, and Marquette are on making the tourney- I don't think anyone can say that the injuries didn't have a huge impact- and helped the conference get quite possibly 7 teams in. I mean, especially Marquette- they got all 4 of their games vs Creighton and Xavier post injuries.

So to act like the bubble teams would have beaten Xavier and Creighton as much as they did if they would have been healthy to me seems like quite the stretch. And given how close the bubble teams are on making it even with the injuries- it's pretty easy to say with a good degree of certainty that without the injuries, there would have been absolutely no chance of the BE getting 7 teams in.

Wow, stever agrees with me. Yikes!
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board