Holy Shot!!! Villanova 2016 National Champs!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Holy Shot!!! Villanova 2016 National Champs!!!

Postby RetireFiftyTu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm

What a way to go out for Arch and Ochefu. Nothing tops that. And Big Smooth! Memories for a lifetime.
Xavier
RetireFiftyTu

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:27 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:I was FREAKING OUT last night but I'm sure we all were lol

I thought Charles had trouble walking, lol, his vertical looks better than when he was with the Sixers

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/4/5/11367258/charles-barkley-villanova-reaction-video
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby 78 friar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:01 pm

Great win for Nova, the team, the fans and the Big East. The Football 5 can shove it. The New Atlantic 10, whose fans continually refer to the Big East as a mid major conference, can shove it. Mike Krazooski (intentional misspelling), who announced that the ACC (all cheat conference) would try to play their conference championship in MSG on the same day that Dave Gavitt passed away, can shove it. Doug Gottlieb can shove it. ESPN, who has done all that it can to ignore this league for fear that they could compete with and maybe someday surpass their beloved ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. Pittsburgh, whose AD spearheaded the move to reject ESPN's last contract offer to the Big East while simultaneously negotiating their move to the ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. The journalists who continually refer to the Football 5 as the Power 5 can shove it. That bald headed jackass who left Marquette to coach at one of the worst football 5 basketball jobs in the country can shove it. The journalists that continually refer to the Big East as the New Big East can shove it. Notre Dame and the turtleneck, who could have stayed independent in football and continue to be a Big East member, can shove it. Louisville, UNC and Syracuse, partners in crime in the ACC (all cheat conference) can shove it. And finally, Uconn football can shove it. CONGRATULATIONS NOVA!
78 friar

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm

78 friar wrote:Great win for Nova, the team, the fans and the Big East. The Football 5 can shove it. The New Atlantic 10, whose fans continually refer to the Big East as a mid major conference, can shove it. Mike Krazooski (intentional misspelling), who announced that the ACC (all cheat conference) would try to play their conference championship in MSG on the same day that Dave Gavitt passed away, can shove it. Doug Gottlieb can shove it. ESPN, who has done all that it can to ignore this league for fear that they could compete with and maybe someday surpass their beloved ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. Pittsburgh, whose AD spearheaded the move to reject ESPN's last contract offer to the Big East while simultaneously negotiating their move to the ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. The journalists who continually refer to the Football 5 as the Power 5 can shove it. That bald headed jackass who left Marquette to coach at one of the worst football 5 basketball jobs in the country can shove it. The journalists that continually refer to the Big East as the New Big East can shove it. Notre Dame and the turtleneck, who could have stayed independent in football and continue to be a Big East member, can shove it. Louisville, UNC and Syracuse, partners in crime in the ACC (all cheat conference) can shove it. And finally, Uconn football can shove it. CONGRATULATIONS NOVA!

Scorched earth, but on the money. Great post! 8-)
Bill Marsh

Postby Xudash » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 pm

78 friar wrote:Great win for Nova, the team, the fans and the Big East. The Football 5 can shove it. The New Atlantic 10, whose fans continually refer to the Big East as a mid major conference, can shove it. Mike Krazooski (intentional misspelling), who announced that the ACC (all cheat conference) would try to play their conference championship in MSG on the same day that Dave Gavitt passed away, can shove it. Doug Gottlieb can shove it. ESPN, who has done all that it can to ignore this league for fear that they could compete with and maybe someday surpass their beloved ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. Pittsburgh, whose AD spearheaded the move to reject ESPN's last contract offer to the Big East while simultaneously negotiating their move to the ACC(all cheat conference) can shove it. The journalists who continually refer to the Football 5 as the Power 5 can shove it. That bald headed jackass who left Marquette to coach at one of the worst football 5 basketball jobs in the country can shove it. The journalists that continually refer to the Big East as the New Big East can shove it. Notre Dame and the turtleneck, who could have stayed independent in football and continue to be a Big East member, can shove it. Louisville, UNC and Syracuse, partners in crime in the ACC (all cheat conference) can shove it. And finally, Uconn football can shove it. CONGRATULATIONS NOVA!

Boom.

You have to cut A10 fans a little slack. They can't begin to comprehend how far behind the A10 is from the Big East. It's as funny as it is sad - for them.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MADXSTER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Congrats Nova! I too have never cheered for a conference foe so loudly. Great for Nova and great for the BE.
MADXSTER

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the reason for Barkley's reaction probably had a lot to do with the fact his daughter is a recent Villanova grad. Although he picked us to lose in most of the games, he was certainly rooting for us.

I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody for their support. Even on the Villanova messageboard, Wildcat fans were expressing appreciation for the way Big East fans were showing support. Somebody even pointed out that the last time you saw this type of support from other Big East fans was in the 90's, before Football started to take over and ruin everything. It is really, really good to see that the Big East is once again a league where we support eachother and want other teams to do well.

Please know, that if it had been any other Big East school winning that game last night, I too would have been truly excited and quick to offer my congratulations.

Last night was very, very surreal, but it was easily one of the best nights of my life. I know that Villanova winning the National Championship will only help the Big East. Recruiting is the key to success in college basketball, and being able to tell a recruit that a team from the Big East won it this year is only going to help bring more guys to play here.

Very excited for the future! Again, thank you all for your kind words. GO BIG EAST!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby mpwalsh8 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 am

sarp wrote:I hate you all!!! I am in London this week on business and missed the game. I wake up and check twitter and see tweet from Holy Land of Hoops that says, National Champions. Unbelievable!

This is how I followed the game Monday night. I was flying to Taiwan. I still haven't seen the whole replay but have seen the highlights on YouTube. I'll watch the whole thing when I get home. The TuneIn app works on United WiFi so I was able to listen to the audio but it was behind real time by 15-20 seconds. I saw Twitter explode when Jenkins hit the shot then a short time later heard the audio call. Sucked not being able to see the game.

mpwalsh8

Postby novahoops11 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned, but the reason for Barkley's reaction probably had a lot to do with the fact his daughter is a recent Villanova grad.

Lol, Charles made a lot of money on that shot. Nothing else gets him up off his ass like that.
novahoops11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board