Holy Shot!!! Villanova 2016 National Champs!!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Holy Shot!!! Villanova 2016 National Champs!!!

Postby Michael in Raleigh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 am

Philadelphia is holding a parade for the national champions on Friday. Well-deserved!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201 ... _city.html

Congratulations, Villanova and Big East fans!
Michael in Raleigh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RetireFiftyTu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:24 am

xusandy wrote:I've never even seen a team from Xavier's conference get to the Final Four (Butler didn't join the A-10 until after they went to back to back Final Fours in 2010 and 2011), and so I've always watched the end of the season with sort of a detached appreciation for excellence, but not really caring much who won and who lost. And I tend to just sit and watch anyway; I don't often show a lot of emotion during games, other than maybe an occasional one word exclamation when something exciting happens on the court. But this morning I'm actually a bit hoarse from all that yelling through the stupid TV screen last night, and I have a nice new scab over the cut on my shin from when I jumped into the corner of the coffee table.

WOW! What a game! Thanks Nova, for the thrill of really caring about who won the Championship, and for delivering a game for the ages. And even better, you beat one of those few teams I really, really dislike, especially since the whole academic cheating mess at UNC came to light.

I still love all you Nova guys today, and may even do so for up to 9 months ... until I go back to hating you passionately next January.

UMass in 95 or 96?
Xavier
RetireFiftyTu

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Michael in Raleigh wrote:Philadelphia is holding a parade for the national champions on Friday. Well-deserved!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201 ... _city.html

Congratulations, Villanova and Big East fans!

Every 31 years. ;)

1954 - LaSalle
1985 - Villanova
2016 -Villanova
Bill Marsh

Postby sju88grad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:58 pm

a close friend of mine is a villanova grad and flew down to houston on sunday to catch the championship game.....after the game, they were out celebrating and met up with a bunch of syracuse fans....all of them were rooting for nova....seems like some syracuse fans haven't quite embraced their new conference.....that's what i love about the new big east....every single person i know who attended one of the 10 schools was rooting hard for villanova....it really is nice to be part of a group of like-minded schools who really care about hoops and the success of their fellow conference members....
sju88grad

Postby LMS » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Good article from Omaha newspaper columnist:

Wow, what a night. There was an adrenaline rush even this morning, thinking about all the images. What did we see? The greatest college game ever? Greatest national title game? Greatest ending ever?

One thing was obvious as we sorted through the madness today.

The Big East is back.
Way back.
Big again.

I watched last night's game with a couple of Creighton fans. They were cheering wildly for Villanova. It's absolutely a Big East thing.

Creightonians are proud members of this new Big East. It's an honor to be associated with the tradition and heritage of one of the great leagues in the game's history.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/tom ... d813e.html
LMS

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:52 pm

classic:
Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens on Villanova's thrilling win over North Carolina in the NCAA title game: "I didn't see the second half so I don't really know how the end of the game went but I usually turn it off when the confetti's falling, to be quite honest. Not that I have any memories or anything."
stever20

Postby JPSchmack » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Congrats to the Nova & Big East fans. Way to stick it to the cartel!
JPSchmack

Postby MUPanther » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:28 pm

It's great seeing so many Big East fans super happy for Villanova. Like it was their own team winning the title. Opens up the door for everyone in so many more ways.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:14 pm

A MAD congrats to the Nova fans on this board and the Villanova program! So glad that an honest program with real CLASS (figuratively and literally hahaha) won the 'Ship! Jay Wright is the man!
OmahaGuy

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:15 pm

I was FREAKING OUT last night but I'm sure we all were lol
OmahaGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board