Butler-Creighton-Dayton-SLU-Xavier

The home for Big East hoops

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Per the Sports exchange...
All officially rumors but becoming more consistent and from better sources.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/catholic-7 ... ncaab.html

would be nice to get something definite though....
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Butler-Creighton-Dayton-SLU-Xavier

Postby WrightFlyer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:09 pm

McMurphy just reiterated, Butler, X in 2013, Creighton likely. Dayton, SLU in 2014.
WrightFlyer

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:12 pm

WrightFlyer wrote:McMurphy just reiterated, Butler, X in 2013, Creighton likely. Dayton, SLU in 2014.

I'll take it. I still think it will be 12 in 2013 by the time its all said and done, but at this point i'll take one in 2013, one in 2014 one in 2015 and one in 2016 just to have it all done.
BillEsq

Postby Muddy Waters » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm

I would like to begin my first post on this MB by thanking the founders of The Holy Land of Hoops for their well-conceived creation. Well done, guys !

I am looking forward to contributing to intelligent, civilized discussions here, as well as the formal establishment of the new Big East Conference.

I am a third-generation University of Dayton alumnus who has been a member of the Flyer Faithful for more than 50 years. I began attending UD basketball games regularly during the 1965-66 season.

purpieschu on March 11, 2013 wrote:
Re: Dayton

I beleive the New Big East will be happy with the addition of either UD or Richmond.

Contrary to what some have argued, I beleive they both have rich basketball traditions …

I respectfully disagree with your statement that Richmond has a ‘rich basketball tradition’ and with your spelling of ‘believe’.

In a post which can be accessed by clicking on NEW BIG EAST IN 2014-15 in my signature line below, I have compiled a lot of facts and figures about the Men’s Basketball programs of the proposed new Big East Conference.

In the same post, I have made the assumptions that Butler, Creighton, and Xavier will definitely be invited to join the new Big East, that it will expand to a 12-school conference by the 2013-14 season, and that Dayton, Saint Louis, and Richmond are the only three candidate schools for the final two openings in the conference.

Based on the facts and figures provided in that post, I then ranked Dayton, Saint Louis, and Richmond on the following five criteria:

1. QUALITY OF MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM

2. MEN'S BASKETBALL ATTENDANCE

3. MEN'S BASKETBALL TV MARKETING

4. MEN'S BASKETBALL HISTORY AND TRADITION

5. OTHER RELEVANT FACTORS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION:

Richmond finished last in the Atlantic 10 Conference in 4. MEN'S BASKETBALL HISTORY AND TRADITION.
NEW BIG EAST IN 2014-15

ButlerCreightonDaytonDePaulGeorgetownMarquette
ProvidenceSaint Louis Seton HallSt. John’sVillanovaXavier
Muddy Waters

Postby Muddy Waters » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

Notre Dame Set to Jump From Big East to ACC Next Year (ChicagoNow.com - March 12, 2013)

ND's move follows the earlier departure of the 'Catholic Seven' which was finalized late last week according to the Chicago Tribune. The 'Catholic Seven' - the Big East's seven non-football playing Catholic universities - consists of DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall and Villanova.

Butler, Xavier and Creighton are expected to join the new Big East next year to form a 10-school conference.

Dayton and St. Louis of the Atlantic-10 are rumored expansion targets for the 2014-2015 season to form a 12-school basketball league.

The schools, per agreement of with the Big East, will retain the right to the Big East name and continue to host a season ending conference championship at Madison Square Garden.
NEW BIG EAST IN 2014-15

ButlerCreightonDaytonDePaulGeorgetownMarquette
ProvidenceSaint Louis Seton HallSt. John’sVillanovaXavier
Muddy Waters

Return to Big East basketball message board