Hearing done deal

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hearing done deal

Postby DawgLover » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 am

BillEsq wrote:
DawgLover wrote:Chicago Tribune is reporting that Creighton's move to the Big East will be come official tomorrow or Thursday, and the Indianapolis Star last week reported a similar timetable for Butler. BillEsq, are you assuming that they are mistaken?

Why not everyone else has been mistaken so far. At this point i'll believe it when i see it, I'm not saying it will happen I'm not saying it won't.

Ah, the old "fool me once . . ." approach. After all of the false alarms, I've become pretty skeptical on the timing too, but I'm hopeful this time given the multiple sources reporting substantially the same thing. Of course, I still came running every time the boy cried, "Wolf!"
DawgLover

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am

DawgLover wrote:
BillEsq wrote:
DawgLover wrote:Chicago Tribune is reporting that Creighton's move to the Big East will be come official tomorrow or Thursday, and the Indianapolis Star last week reported a similar timetable for Butler. BillEsq, are you assuming that they are mistaken?

Why not everyone else has been mistaken so far. At this point i'll believe it when i see it, I'm not saying it will happen I'm not saying it won't.

Ah, the old "fool me once . . ." approach. After all of the false alarms, I've become pretty skeptical on the timing too, but I'm hopeful this time given the multiple sources reporting substantially the same thing. Of course, I still came running every time the boy cried, "Wolf!"

Oh, I agree... i'm in the same boat... and I guess we all are...
BillEsq

Postby XU85 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 am

Starting to sound like another week without Christmas.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby DawgLover » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 am

We've had some fairly definitive sounding stories in the local media in Omaha and Indianapolis regarding Creighton and Butler, respectively. What's the word from the Cincinnati media?
DawgLover

Postby sarp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 am

I was told Creighton was going to be added on Tuesday, but that was a few weeks ago. Still might be "a Tuesday", just not sure what week.
Creighton Fan since the 1980's
sarp

Postby DawgLover » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 am

sarp wrote:I was told Creighton was going to be added on Tuesday, but that was a few weeks ago. Still might be "a Tuesday", just not sure what week.

There's 1 in 7 chance that that's right!

(My but we're all getting a little cynical, aren't we?)
DawgLover

Postby xu95 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 am

I checked the UMASS boards. There are no rumors as to when this will happen. :evil:
xu95

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 am

xu95 wrote:I checked the UMASS boards. There are no rumors as to when this will happen. :evil:

Its all a lie.... there will be no new conference the C7 will merge with the MAAC.
BillEsq

Postby XU85 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm

DawgLover wrote:We've had some fairly definitive sounding stories in the local media in Omaha and Indianapolis regarding Creighton and Butler, respectively. What's the word from the Cincinnati media?

Cincinnati media is close to useless when reporting on Xavier basketball. All we received was a regurgitation of stories in Indy and Omaha media, which is par for the course. Hopefully we will receive better coverage from local media if/when to the Big East becomes official.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby CFA Jay » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 pm

XU85 wrote:
DawgLover wrote:We've had some fairly definitive sounding stories in the local media in Omaha and Indianapolis regarding Creighton and Butler, respectively. What's the word from the Cincinnati media?

Cincinnati media is close to useless when reporting on Xavier basketball. All we received was a regurgitation of stories in Indy and Omaha media, which is par for the course. Hopefully we will receive better coverage from local media if/when to the Big East becomes official.

Usually that is how Omaha media operates. They just quote other sources. I was shocked when they actually reported that CU will be in the BE.
CFA Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board