5 Rising programs for the next decade

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Lots of C7 love here - Providence, Creighton, and Butler. Folks, this league is going to be dynamite.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1554 ... n-a-decade
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 5 Rising programs for the next decade

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm

admin wrote:Lots of C7 love here - Providence, Creighton, and Butler. Folks, this league is going to be dynamite.

I agree, they did miss out on SLU though but they had us as a sleeper pic for the final four so... i can't be too upset.

I don't understand the Miami thing... that school is about to get crushed with sanctions... it might loose anything it does this year and be f'd for a decade... but hell 4 outa five ain't half bad...
BillEsq

Postby PMThor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm

You do realize that anyone can submit an article to Bleacher Report, and so, it's not a very reliable or legitimate source for opinion pieces, no less real news.

But holy cow! Way to go out on a limb with those picks. Not. They pick some hot topic programs, totally ignore the west coast (AHEM GONZAGA) and just throw it against the wall. Yes, I find Bleacher Report a joke.

I HATE dayton. (I will stop posting this when the Big East cuts any and all potential ties to dayton)
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 pm

PMThor wrote:You do realize that anyone can submit an article to Bleacher Report, and so, it's not a very reliable source for opinion pieces, no less real news.

But holy cow! Way to go out on a limb with those picks. Not. They pick some hot topic programs, totally ignore the west coast (AHEM GONZAGA) and just throw it against the wall. Yes, I find Bleacher Report a joke.

I HATE dayton. (I will stop posting this when the Big East cuts any and all potential ties to dayton)

Thor i think your hatred of Dayton has blinded you... The author spoke well of Gonzaga... in fact the whole point of the article was about who could potentially be the next gonzaga...
BillEsq

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 pm

BillEsq wrote:
admin wrote:Lots of C7 love here - Providence, Creighton, and Butler. Folks, this league is going to be dynamite.

I agree, they did miss out on SLU though but they had us as a sleeper pic for the final four so... i can't be too upset.

I don't understand the Miami thing... that school is about to get crushed with sanctions... it might loose anything it does this year and be f'd for a decade... but hell 4 outa five ain't half bad...

Agree St. Louis will benefit from the "brand presence" they show in this article with Creighton... the Bills benefit from Mizzou going to the SEC and losing the KU rivalry.

I feel Creighton will benefit the most from this "Brand Presence." We already have strong recruiting pipelines in California and Iowa, as well as Colorado and Texas, but in the next decade you'll see a lot more Moutain West/B12/Pac12 talent making a stop in Omaha.

Also agree Miami is a one and done... sanctions and a completely baseball-centric cuban student body and alumni base will never allow them to be a b-ball power.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby PMThor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Nah, I just have no respect for Bleacher Report, think it's arbitrary and ridiculous. I could pick ten other schools and replace those 5 and still have legitimate reasons for what I write. And I bet BR would put it on their site. It's a BS site, where anyone can write whatever they want, and there is no long term judgement for their "articles". Sorry, I prefer when real people with real names with real connections to sports channels (like ESPN, CBS, ABC, FOX etc) opine on subjects. Not like Bleacher Report just randomly nitpicks articles to highlight, with random ass names like whatever this writers handle is...but that's just me.

I HATE dayton.
PMThor

Postby podcast411 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am

PMThor wrote:Nah, I just have no respect...but that's just me.

I HATE dayton.

Dude you totally have serious mental issues. Not little - but Major ones.

Get used to Dayton - And for the next 20 years every time your team is crushed at UD Arena - know it was Karma for your bad attitude that got Dayton in.
podcast411

Postby yorost » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am

Oh leave it alone. He's the only one that looks bad posting that all the time, so no sense in fanning the flames.
yorost

Postby BostonFriar11 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:11 am

Yea, lets let the first troll of the new board die of starvation.

In more positive news, any press is good press- nice to see more people take notice of PC's resurgence; props to Butler and Creighton as well!
Providence 2011 - Long Live Huxley 299!
BostonFriar11

Postby PMThor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:10 am

Who's trolling? Me? All I'm saying is that Bleacher Report is not a good site. Don't find any value in a site that has user submitted "aricles" and passes them off as legitimate pieces. It's not an attack on the programs that this guy points to, it's an attack on the whole premise.

I HATE dayton.
PMThor

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board