5 Rising programs for the next decade

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 5 Rising programs for the next decade

Postby Edrick » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 am

In the LAST decade, Butler has been rated in the Top 15 six of the last 7 seasons and won 15 NCAA Tournament games. If they are noted as top five "rising" from that level, they are the Lakers. LOL @ Bleacher Report.
Edrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Edrick wrote:In the LAST decade, Butler has been rated in the Top 15 six of the last 7 seasons and won 15 NCAA Tournament games. If they are noted as top five "rising" from that level, they are the Lakers. LOL @ Bleacher Report.

I was thinking the same thing. Instead of being the next Gonzaga, wouldn't you rather be the next Butler at this point? Sure the Zags are #1, but it doesn't mean much if you can't ever get out of the second weekend.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby BillEsq » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:
Edrick wrote:In the LAST decade, Butler has been rated in the Top 15 six of the last 7 seasons and won 15 NCAA Tournament games. If they are noted as top five "rising" from that level, they are the Lakers. LOL @ Bleacher Report.

I was thinking the same thing. Instead of being the next Gonzaga, wouldn't you rather be the next Butler at this point? Sure the Zags are #1, but it doesn't mean much if you can't ever get out of the second weekend.

First off 200 plus schools would love to be either Gonzaga or Butler. For the decade, Id rather be Gonzaga remember you only get NCAA units for games played in the tourney you share does not increase by rounds. In short since 2001 Butler has earned 23 units over half in two years Gonzaga has earned 24 spread out over the same time period. While Butler has had the best 2 years of the two, Gonzaga has had the best decade. Granted I think I'm really splitting hairs here.
BillEsq

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board