You can throw in the towel....

The home for Big East hoops

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:55 pm

on the Jays. 100% inexcusable loss today. They'll be lucky to win on Wednesday vs Nebraska. 9th place heck maybe even dead last seems very realistic. Is Coach Macs seat warming up a bit?? It very well could be. Is he the coach who we thought we were when he first cam to CU?? Or is he what Iowa State fans think he is?? (A terrible coach since he did bad there). Book us for Wednesday night in NYC in March!!
OmahaGuy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: You can throw in the towel....

Postby EMT » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Is McDermott a good coach or did he have a great son?
EMT

Postby R Jay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:22 pm

EMT wrote:Is McDermott a good coach or did he have a great son?

Last year and throughout the summer I thought the former, but now I'm starting to think the latter.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby NovaBall » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:25 pm

That was execution, not game plan, that cost the jays the game. They had a good plan coming back from double digits on the road. Coach didn't miss the free throws late. The last ten seconds left something to be desired, but they got two looks at the rim, and the second was an open look for the win.

Free throws though. Does the team not practice them? Second game lost from the line to go along with Arizona state game.
NovaBall

Postby Jet915 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Team looked a step slow and disinterested for most of the game. Loyola is not a good team. No excuses losing this game. Our board is in meltdown mode and many are questioning whether Mac has us going in the right direction. ..

Oh well, ill try to live vicariously through the success of the other Big Teams atleast.... :D . Congrats to the other teams that showed up to play today.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Wow. A loss or two early and folks are cashing in their chips / tossing in towels, etc. Omahaguy, R Jay, even Jet915. I am shocked. Seems a few are shell shocked on the Rivals board, but many are silent. Perhaps in a catatonic state. :)

So much for "fair weather" folk. I, for 1 have followed the Jays for too long (40 yrs), seen to many comebacks, marveled at too many reclaimed seasons to panic. It's early and the Bluejays will strafe and find a updraft, then ride that wind to a successful hoops campaign. Am I too optimistic? Perhaps, but I have witnessed far too much character, comebacks, and magic to quit on my guys. gtmoBlue
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Edrick » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm

I don't mean to rain on any parades or anything, but I think that's your problem. You are seeing the situation through the lens of the Valley. Literally everyone in this conference can say precisely the same thing, granted some have to go back further in time, and most to a greater degree. It's just a different reality. The past just doesn't factor, it's quite literally a whole different ballgame.
Edrick

Postby billyjack » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:26 am

Arizona State is up 59-40 vs Texas A&M. 8 minutes left.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 am

It's funny. I think Only the ones who drink the blue Kool-Aid thought they would be great this year. At least early. They have a lot of young pieces. pretty obvious the game on Wednesday was vs a pretty good team. I think most folks thought this team was a year away. Good year IMO for Creighton is going 18-15 and making the NIT this year- then maybe make a run in there in preparation for next year.
stever20

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:40 am

billyjack wrote:Arizona State is up 59-40 vs Texas A&M. 8 minutes left.

Well at least that L doesn't seem so bad after all but the Loyola game was the most embarrassing L the Jays have had in a long time.
OmahaGuy

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board