Saturday's Big East Schedule 12/5

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Saturday's Big East Schedule 12/5

Postby Xudash » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:34 pm

DemonLS wrote:First, there are many, many DePaul fans. But they just do not attend games, outside of me, due to the program's lack of success. When the program picks up, you will see a change.

Second, Loyola would NOT be the answer for the local Chicago market. Completely incorrect statement.

Third, Notre Dame did not take care of the Chicago basketball market. Notre Dame fans truly only care about ND football. Basketball is a huge distant second to football.

Lastly, every major conference has teams that are not successful. Northwestern has NEVER made the NCAA Tournament but the Big Ten has done just fine....even though I think this may change in the next few years as NU is improving. Wake Forest has been terrible for years but the ACC is doing just fine. Washington State sucks in the PAC12 but that conference is fine.

Though, I do believe that St Johns and DePaul are holding back the conference in reaching its highest potential. And tell St Johns has done well either. I challenge anyone to speak to the Big East Conference representatives and ask about this issue with New York and Chicago being important.

If any of you are planning to watch your team in Chicago against DePaul, then be sure to let me know as I sit a few rows up from the opposing bench....and would love to talk hoops.

I remember DePaul from the late 70's and early 80's - the Ray Meyer years. DePaul certainly can be extremely relevant to the Big East. On that note, as a Xavier fan that goes that far back, I have to tell you that DePaul's arrogance at that time cost some key midwest Catholic schools the opportunity to form a strong conference at a time when conference aggregations wiped out many independent programs. So, in hindsight, thank you for that! We all wouldn't be together in the Big East now if it all hadn't transpired the way it did.

Here's my key question to you: does DePaul have to replace its current AD in order to realize true success?
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DemonLS » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:18 pm

So your question is.....Does DePaul need an AD change to move to the next level?

Answer Probably Yes. Mainly because it has been way, way too long since this program has had success. She is a very good person but just not getting the job done and not making the necessary adjustments.
DemonLS

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board