WHY NOT 14 AND GET FOX DONE, NOW

The home for Big East hoops

Re: WHY NOT 14 AND GET FOX DONE, NOW

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm

DeePhence wrote:Also, the more you think of it, if they share their cable distribution platform with the B1G, that means they have all of Pennsylvania sewed up through Penn State's B1G affiliation, all of Indiana with Butler/IU/Purdue, all of Illinois (Depaul and Illinois), all of Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, NY State, North Jersey, South Jersey, Northern Kentucky, Michigan.

Jeez, they have 270 electoral votes already!

I think the BIG has a cable distribution platform... the BIG10 network... and i don't see them sharing it.
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

John Caroll is the Jesuit school in Cleveland, great institution, USED to be a power in football and I think B-Ball was pretty good.

But that was ANCIENT history.

Not sure what the hell happened but they dropped an athletic department egg at JC.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby jkc_dawgs » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:John Caroll is the Jesuit school in Cleveland, great institution, USED to be a power in football and I think B-Ball was pretty good.

Not sure what the hell happened but they dropped an athletic department egg at JC.

My little sister is going to school there next year.
"I'm not coming out" -Rotnei Clarke

Go Dawgs
jkc_dawgs

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:John Caroll is the Jesuit school in Cleveland, great institution, USED to be a power in football and I think B-Ball was pretty good.

My little sister is going to school there next year.

Smart. Prolly not a b-ball fan tho :D

Creighton and John Caroll were the two biggest victims of the Jebbies' horrendous "decision" to ax all the Jesuit shcool football teams except for BC... they thought it would bring multiple national championsips (ala Notre Dame)... biggest blunder ever. BC is an O-fer and prolly will be forever. The decision ranks up there with the Beantown's decision to trade the Bambino :D Prolly can blame it on too much Grog. Ho Hum.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby BBPETE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 pm

The last post---get real, each Jesuit school is not under one central control...John Carrol is Division3---good school and their choice to compete at that level; Marquette won the first Cotton Bowl---dropped football in 1960 because of $ as did U of Detroit, Creighton, USF, the Zags, and lastly Xavier in the '80's.. GU still plays Div. 1AA as does Holly Cross; both Jesuit. GU is run by a great president who is not a priest; most Jesuit bylaws still state a priest (usually of the Jesuit order) must be President of each independent instituition, so the fact is there is not a central control.

Anyways, back to Catholic7; it is about Fox and tv $---Detroit and Pittsburgh by advertising standards of 6 touches each is worth to a 6% reach $4-5 Million a year to the league --- that is why the need to get them in for a fee as I posted---in the long run everyone would win on $ and more cities with major tv impact.
BBPETE

Postby BBPETE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 pm

My mistake Marquette LOST the first Cotton Bowl to TCU---still, most private schools dropped football or play at a reduced level because of $ and the cost of a scholarship is so high compared to the large "state schools"...as example of the Pac10/12, the Big 10/11, the SEC there are only 4 private schools playing.
BBPETE

Postby classof29 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

BillEsq wrote:
DeePhence wrote:Also, the more you think of it, if they share their cable distribution platform with the B1G, that means they have all of Pennsylvania sewed up through Penn State's B1G affiliation, all of Indiana with Butler/IU/Purdue, all of Illinois (Depaul and Illinois), all of Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, NY State, North Jersey, South Jersey, Northern Kentucky, Michigan.

Jeez, they have 270 electoral votes already!

I think the BIG has a cable distribution platform... the BIG10 network... and i don't see them sharing it.

Fox has ownership in the B1G network, and part of the deal with Fox is going to be airtime on the B1G network.
Providence College
classof29

Postby classof29 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

BBPETE wrote:The last post---get real, each Jesuit school is not under one central control...John Carrol is Division3---good school and their choice to compete at that level; Marquette won the first Cotton Bowl---dropped football in 1960 because of $ as did U of Detroit, Creighton, USF, the Zags, and lastly Xavier in the '80's.. GU still plays Div. 1AA as does Holly Cross; both Jesuit. GU is run by a great president who is not a priest; most Jesuit bylaws still state a priest (usually of the Jesuit order) must be President of each independent instituition, so the fact is there is not a central control.

Anyways, back to Catholic7; it is about Fox and tv $---Detroit and Pittsburgh by advertising standards of 6 touches each is worth to a 6% reach $4-5 Million a year to the league --- that is why the need to get them in for a fee as I posted---in the long run everyone would win on $ and more cities with major tv impact.

No one has any interest in Detroit or Duquesne. The cities they are in make no difference, they will not be invited and this topic is a nonstarter - which is why people are now talking about John Carroll.
Providence College
classof29

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Well as long as we are throwing in schools that won't be invited how about a Catholic University that has been ranked continuously for the past few years, has played in more NCAA tournament games then any C7+ team in the past 3 years and in the past two has a national championship and a final four, plays in a large city that is indisputably in the cradle of American College Hoops? Did i mention it has a Div 1 lacrosse program and Women's field hockey plus most of the sports needed to fill out all of the leagues non-rev sports needs. Does this sound good? How about if i told you the team played in the #48 media market (bigger than Richmond, Dayton, and Omaha) Oh and this market puts more fans in front of the TV to watch basketball than any other City/Region in the nation... I can't imagine why the C7 isn't calling, they must be scared of real basketball tradition. :lol:

Bet no one can guess this team without looking it up.
BillEsq

Postby SixTwentySix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:14 pm

BillEsq wrote:Well as long as we are throwing in schools that won't be invited how about a Catholic University that has been ranked continuously for the past few years, has played in more NCAA tournament games then any C7+ team in the past 3 years and in the past two has a national championship and a final four, plays in a large city that is indisputably in the cradle of American College Hoops? Did i mention it has a Div 1 lacrosse program and Women's field hockey plus most of the sports needed to fill out all of the leagues non-rev sports needs. Does this sound good? How about if i told you the team played in the #48 media market (bigger than Richmond, Dayton, and Omaha) Oh and this market puts more fans in front of the TV to watch basketball than any other City/Region in the nation... I can't imagine why the C7 isn't calling, they must be scared of real basketball tradition. :lol:

Bet no one can guess this team without looking it up.

My initial thought was Duke, but they haven't won a NC in the last 2 years... So now I'm just confused because UConn and Kentucky aren't Catholic... Head games!!!
Villanova
SixTwentySix

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board