BE Th 11/19 - 5g, But-MoSt, CU-Ind, LB-SH, Rut-SJ, Iowa-Marq

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE Th 11/19 - 5g, But-MoSt, CU-Ind, LB-SH, Rut-SJ, Iowa-

Postby SJHooper » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Johnnies looked dead in the water...somehow came back. Very sloppy but we were already missing all the studs coming next year and ontop of that we were missing Ellison and Williams. We had about 1/4 of our team out there and beat Rutgers after being down big. I'll def take the win.

Watching Marquette now. What is going on there? Marquette has a ridiculously talented team but for whatever reason the pieces aren't fitting together. Between 6'11 Fischer inside and 6'11 Ellenson inside/outside, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to match up against even top 25 teams. Getting rocked right now. Marquette has a ton of potential though.

Butler looks Elite 8 good.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:15 pm

MackNova wrote:Outside of Villanova, Butler and Xavier, it's been an inauspicious start to the season.

Um we're 3-0...
NJRedman

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:31 pm

St. Johns, you are my new favorite team to watch (apart from X.) Georgetown, Hall and Marquette are trash. I have 0 faith in any of them despite their talent level.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:35 pm

BTW, where is gtmo?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Xudash » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 pm

DudeAnon wrote:St. Johns, you are my new favorite team to watch (apart from X.) Georgetown, Hall and Marquette are trash. I have 0 faith in any of them despite their talent level.

There is no way I would call Georgetown trash after the way they played at Maryland.

Congratulations to the Johnnies. Whether they end up giving Xavier fits or not over the next number of years, it will be fantastic for this conference to have them succeed under their new coach.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Marquette getting flat out embarrassed at home.
Jet915

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Jet915 wrote:Marquette getting flat out embarrassed at home.

In other words, they're getting the s__t beat out of them.
Red Rooster

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:02 pm

Xudash wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:St. Johns, you are my new favorite team to watch (apart from X.) Georgetown, Hall and Marquette are trash. I have 0 faith in any of them despite their talent level.

There is no way I would call Georgetown trash after the way they played at Maryland.

But you know what, they lost. Georgetown plays to the level of their competition and then loses. Until they prove otherwise, I have zero expectations.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby TBC Alum » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:03 am

DudeAnon wrote:BTW, where is gtmo?

Recalculating the KenPoms and other efficiency ratings to show how CU actually won the game.

Young players not ready for a big time matchup. I was going to go on a long tirade about how a loss like this would ruin CU's post season chances. Then I remembered that were in a big time league now and a loss to a ranked team doesn't ruin a season like it used to. Can't let a loss beat you twice, so on to the next one.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby billyjack » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 am

A handful of teams in the BE are working in new coaches or freshmen or have had serious roster turnover, so they can expect to improve as the season goes on. This includes Creighton, Providence, Marquette and St John's. And DePaul.

RPI doesn't care what the point spread was, only wins and losses.

Creighton losing at Indiana is a good loss in that RPI sense. The key is for the Jays to beat Rutgers and Clemson/UMass, then Arizona State at home. Losing at Oklahoma is fine.

Providence has had two decent wins, and is still working in freshmen, and scheduled decent enough beatable teams that will not crush our RPI. Rhody without Matthews becomes a great opportunity for a great road win. Harvard will be solid. UMass too. Evansville is a huge game because it gets us to Arizona.

With Marquette, they are just not that good a team yet at this point in the year. They just have to take care of the remaining cupcakes, and at worst they can feed the midpack BE teams a couple of wins.

St John's has huge nads and will keep improving. Their wins so far are all bonuses for us as a conference.

DePaul... again take care of legitmate cupcakes.

Seton Hall needs to snap out of it. That was the big loss tonight, though Long Beach and Dan Monson are competent.

Georgetown is fine. They can grab a couple of wins vs a killer non-conf schedule, and will be rewarded for it with a bid. Win tomorrow vs Wisconsin and things are good.

Villanova, Butler and Xavier are veteran teams that should all roll.

So, 5 Ncaa bids... the four teams with veterans, Villanova, Butler, Xavier, Georgetown and then one young team, either Creighton or Providence. It's all good. Remember, just about every other conference has some bad losses already. The Big East this year just happens to have half its teams transitioning with new rosters/coaches.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board