BE Predictions Thread...

The home for Big East hoops

BE Predictions Thread...

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:20 am

Just going to weigh in here, nothing out of the ordinary in my predictions this year...

Big East Regular Season and BE Tourney Champions:
Villanova.

Big East Player of the Year:
Kris Dunn.

Rookie of the Year ("Newcomer"):
Henry Ellenson.

Coach of the Year:
Wojo.

NCAA Bids: 5 schools:
Villanova,
Georgetown,
Xavier,
Butler, and
one of Providence/ Marquette/ Creighton.

Final Four: Villanova.
Elite-8: Xavier, Georgetown.
Sweet-16: Butler (could easily advance further).

So, last year i said 6 bids, but this year only 5 because PC, Marquette and Creighton are working too many new faces into their lineups. Chukwu completely hosed-up Providence's roster, but I think if PC sweeps its first 3 games vs Harvard, Illinois and Evansville, then we'll get an NCAA bid.

Anyway, whichever of these 3 gets this 5th bid will advance to the Sweet-16. Remember people, my predictions last year seemed so outlandish that someone asked me to share my weed...!

Also, each team except St John's will play postseason hoops, as 4 of us will make the NIT. DePaul will make huge strides this year (10-2 out of conference), and will dabble with 500 in Big East play (7-11 in BE, 17-13 overall).
Providence
billyjack

BE Predictions Thread...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BE Predictions Thread...

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am

I wouldn't be surpised to see 6 again. I think its more likely that 2 of the middle 3 emerge strong than only 1 doing so. Again, Marquettes OOC might be their undoing though.

As far as the NCAA predictions, I would love for your prediction to come true, but I think more realistically would be 2-3 teams in the second weekend and who knows from there.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Re: BE Predictions Thread...

Postby milksteak » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:45 am

billyjack wrote:Just going to weigh in here, nothing out of the ordinary in my predictions this year...

Big East Regular Season and BE Tourney Champions:
Villanova.

Big East Player of the Year:
Kris Dunn.

Rookie of the Year ("Newcomer"):
Henry Ellenson.

Coach of the Year:
Wojo.

NCAA Bids: 5 schools:
Villanova,
Georgetown,
Xavier,
Butler, and
one of Providence/ Marquette/ Creighton.

Final Four: Villanova.
Elite-8: Xavier, Georgetown.
Sweet-16: Butler (could easily advance further).

So, last year i said 6 bids, but this year only 5 because PC, Marquette and Creighton are working too many new faces into their lineups. Chukwu completely hosed-up Providence's roster, but I think if PC sweeps its first 3 games vs Harvard, Illinois and Evansville, then we'll get an NCAA bid.

Anyway, whichever of these 3 gets this 5th bid will advance to the Sweet-16. Remember people, my predictions last year seemed so outlandish that someone asked me to share my weed...!

Also, each team except St John's will play postseason hoops, as 4 of us will make the NIT. DePaul will make huge strides this year (10-2 out of conference), and will dabble with 500 in Big East play (7-11 in BE, 17-13 overall).

If Holtmann didn't win it last year, I don't know how Wojo could win it this year.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Return to Big East basketball message board