NBC Preseason Bracketology

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:23 am

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... -november/

Last Four teams in (at large): Providence, Louisville, Tulsa, Davidson
First Four teams out (at large): Florida, Oregon State, Syracuse, Ohio State
Next four teams out (at large): UAB, Marquette, VCU, Illinois

ACC (8): North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Notre Dame, Miami-FL, NC State, Florida State, Louisville
Big 10 (7): Maryland, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa
Big 12 (6): Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Baylor, Texas, West Virginia
Big East (5): Villanova, Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Providence
Pac 12 (5): California, Arizona, Oregon, Utah, UCLA
SEC (5): Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Texas AM, LSU, Georgia
Atlantic 10 (3): Rhode Island, Dayton, Davidson
American (3): Connecticut, Cincinnati, Tulsa
Mountain West (2): San Diego State, Boise State
West Coast (2): Gonzaga, BYU
Missouri Valley (1): Wichita State
Conference USA (1): Old Dominion

Villanova 3 seed
Georgetown 7 seed
Providence 12 seed
Butler 8 seed
Xavier 10 seed

I don't know about you guys but I would gladly take these results. 5 teams in the tourney with Marquette looming on the bubble.
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NBC Preseason Bracketology

Postby RedStormHoops » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:21 am

Looking at the rosters i could see Xavier, Butler, Nova, and Georgetown all going very deep in the tournament this year. Hopefully this is 'the year' the big east shows the nation how good we are
RedStormHoops

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:54 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:Looking at the rosters i could see Xavier, Butler, Nova, and Georgetown all going very deep in the tournament this year. Hopefully this is 'the year' the big east shows the nation how good we are

If the seeds are right- Georgetown and Butler wouldn't have a shot for the most part. Even Xavier. I'd rather in some ways be PC than those 3 teams even with the PIG(especially if they don't get Louisville specifically- tough style with only 48-72 hours notice).
stever20

Postby FormulaX » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:58 pm

stever20 wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Looking at the rosters i could see Xavier, Butler, Nova, and Georgetown all going very deep in the tournament this year. Hopefully this is 'the year' the big east shows the nation how good we are

If the seeds are right- Georgetown and Butler wouldn't have a shot for the most part. Even Xavier. I'd rather in some ways be PC than those 3 teams even with the PIG(especially if they don't get Louisville specifically- tough style with only 48-72 hours notice).

He said looking at the rosters, not the seeds. I'm sure you're ready to bust out the stats on each seed and their history of advancing. Which we all know. 7,8,9,10 s don't go far. But, 12s often beat 5s.....

Don't worry, those won't be the seeds and now you can take the time to get yourself another Ho-Ho.
FormulaX

Postby Vill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:35 pm

I just don't see PC as an at large team. It's Kris Dunn and who else? Is that much realistically expected of Bentil or Bullock?
Vill

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Vill wrote:I just don't see PC as an at large team. It's Kris Dunn and who else? Is that much realistically expected of Bentil or Bullock?

Part of it is schedule- they have a solid schedule- but one that should get them to 10-3 or 11-2 OOC. Then add in 9-10 conference wins, and it's a pretty easy getting in. The key would be if they drop some games unexpectedly in the OOC schedule(which is possible).
stever20

Postby Edrick » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 pm

I think this will be Butler's best team since the 2010 season. Since the 2010 season, they have won 8 NCAA Tournament games. I believe they'll more likely look like the 5 seed that year or like the 6 in the last. It's been a number of year's since I was what you would call bullish, but I am now. It looks like an elite offense, possibly as good as the 11th rated one from 06/07.

Net/net, I think picking five is fine, but across the board the seeds seem low. Gun to my head, I'd have the Big East with 6 again.
Edrick

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:10 pm

What's with the American only getting three teams in (the exact same as the Atlantic-10)? They are a power conference. They recruit better than the Big East. They have media markets in some of the biggest cities in the Southwest, Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. They have elite coaches in Larry Brown, Kevin Ollie, Fran Dunphy, and Mick Cronin. They have an NCAA National Championship and a Fiesta Bowl win. They also have an ESPN TV contract.

What gives?
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:16 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:What's with the American only getting three teams in (the exact same as the Atlantic-10)? They are a power conference. They recruit better than the Big East. They have media markets in some of the biggest cities in the Southwest, Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. They have elite coaches in Larry Brown, Kevin Ollie, Fran Dunphy, and Mick Cronin. They have an NCAA National Championship and a Fiesta Bowl win. They also have an ESPN TV contract.

What gives?

ESPN told me the Big East died in 2013

IM SO CONFUSED
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Return to Big East basketball message board