36%
Villanova
18%
Xavier
14%

Total votes : 44

Re: Arena Rankings: Number 6

Postby anXUfan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:07 am

I thought the atmosphere was great at the one Marquette game I attended in Milwaukee. Have never been to Providence.
anXUfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:59 am

novahoops11 wrote:Nova fans pretty quiet in these threads. I think we're all flabbergasted the Pavillion is not unanimous #10. The best thing about it for us is the dream that it may one day be razed to the ground and a new arena will rise in its place.

Agree. I've only been to games @ SJU (MSG), @ SHU and @ G'town, so I've pretty much stayed out of this debate. But as a Nova fan I cannot wait until the Pavilion is flattened. Uncomfortable bench seating in the second tier, limited concessions, small bathrooms; only seats 6500; 10 year waiting list for season tickets. The old alums with money sit in the best seats and never get out of them to cheer--referred to as the wine and cheese crowd. It was originally built with money from a guy who eventually murdered an Olympic wrestling medalist. It a "nice little, campus arena" but not worthy of the program that we have built.

Our issue is that we exist in a very wealthy section outside of the city in which the local township holds Nova over the barrel any time it wants to build anything. So it cannot expand. Thus the need to go to the Wells Fargo Center for big games. But I'd be shocked if there are 5-6 worse arenas out there than the Pavilion.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby jfan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Wow, the Foxcatcher guy! Maybe you could get the rest of the family to donate to a new arena. I'm sure the family has done a lot of good deeds around Philly and beyond, but that guy was scary!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Edrick » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 am

Edrick

Postby robinreed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:32 am

MUBoxer wrote:Marquette has their worst year in over 13years off a bad year and we average 13,600 a game. Providence has a good year coming off a good year and averages 8,600 a game. But ok sure people Marquette's the one in 6th place. How many of you have actually been to Milwaukee for a game vs just assuming it's another hick midwest city because outside of Chicago you think it's just cornfields?

I have seen at least 4 games at the Bradley Center and always found it a very good venue. It is ageing a bit but still first class in my view. However I do not believe this poll has anything to do with the number of fans who attended games last year. If that were the case smaller arenas such as those at XU, Butler etc. would not even be considered.

If memory serves the Bradley holds 18K and the X and Butler arena's only have 10K and about 8K. Still all three are beloved by their fans. At least I believe the Bradley Center is beloved by Marquette fans as they turn out in good numbers to see their team there. Do they still have arena football at the Bradley?

By the Way MUBoxer I live in Cincy and lived in Chicago for 2 years and yes the Midwest has a great many cornfields. I don't mind as I like corn. Now that I think of it the only place I have ever lived that did not have cornfields was Orange County California (just south of LA County.) They had an amazing number of beautiful women, some palm trees, the Pacific and cacti. I believe I prefer that to cornfields but I can live with both.

I would not be offended by the Marquette/Bradley Center ranking as many if not most of these votes are based in part on homer ism.
robinreed

Postby X-man » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 pm

I gather we are done ranking arenas. Seems odd to stop after arena #7 is determined but hey, who am I to judge?
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:35 pm

X-man wrote:I gather we are done ranking arenas. Seems odd to stop after arena #7 is determined but hey, who am I to judge?

If you want to continue them feel free. I just sort of deduced the remaining results.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board