37%
Villanova
3%
Xavier
23%

Total votes : 30

Arena Rankings: Number 7

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:35 pm

GT gets 8th place. I think its cool they share a building with the Wizards. But ultimately they don't pack the house enough (off-campus).

10: DePaul
9: Seton Hall
8: Georgetown
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Arena Rankings: Number 7

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Arena Rankings: Number 7

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:37 pm

I voted St. Johns here. I know MSG is the world's most famous arena. But Redmen are probably their least famous occupants. Maybe Mullin can reignite the fanbase but as it stands there isn't much of a homecourt advantage. Actually, I think Carnasecca gives a better atmosphere because they pack the house. But its too small for a major program, not too mention old. Sorry Redmen.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NovaBall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:48 am

I know some schools have better atmospheres, better on campus arenas, more consistent and loyal fan bases, and higher capacity percentage crowds, but who the heck is voting for St. John's at this point!?? Having been to a number of the other arenas I would put at John's as the top choice outside of a nova game in downtown Philly.

Got to 34tb and Broadway around 10 am for some screw drivers at one of the local bars, quick two hours for a hoops game around noon, and the. Roam around midtown for a couple hours until you find a place to go for pizza or whatever. It really is one of the most unique and enjoyable game day experiences one could ever imagine.

Now if only the could get a decent team the experience would be all that much better
NovaBall

Postby NovaBall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 am

Seriously, southern rednecks can get all giddy about tailgating for a NASCAR or sec football game, but a at John's hoops game on a Saturday at MSG is a cooler experience than standing in a parking lot drinking beers and grilling hot dogs in Mississippi or South Carolina on a November Saturday.
NovaBall

Postby billyjack » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 am

Providence
billyjack

Postby Xudash » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

Attention: To the two idiots who voted the Cintas Center the 7th best venue in this conference, please don't vote again from here. You just lost all your credibility, and voting through jealousy will just louse up this exercise.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby X-man » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:43 am

Xudash wrote:Attention: To the two idiots who voted the Cintas Center the 7th best venue in this conference, please don't vote again from here. You just lost all your credibility, and voting through jealousy will just louse up this exercise.

I'm a Xavier fan and love the Cintas, but I'm tempted to vote the Cintas #7 because of your post. What gives you the right to question why people feel the way they do about different arenas? And why does a vote for Cintas mean all credibility is lost?
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby Barley » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:50 am

X-man wrote:
Xudash wrote:Attention: To the two idiots who voted the Cintas Center the 7th best venue in this conference, please don't vote again from here. You just lost all your credibility, and voting through jealousy will just louse up this exercise.

I'm a Xavier fan and love the Cintas, but I'm tempted to vote the Cintas #7 because of your post. What gives you the right to question why people feel the way they do about different arenas? And why does a vote for Cintas mean all credibility is lost?

Better put, anyone who gets lathered up over an anonymous poll ranking arenas on a message board has lost all credibility.
Barley

Postby kmacker69 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:25 am

:D Wish I would have read the replies before I voted... I know what I'm voting #6. :lol:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Storm Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:24 pm

This was tough. I love the Garden---even when it is half empty. When it is packed, I can't imagine a much better experience. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case very often lately. If not MSG, I would have voted for Nova. I hate Wells Fargo for the same reason I hate Barclays. The upper levels are so steep that you are looking straight down onto the court. I guess I should just spring for better seats.

I love the Dunk (real college atmosphere for an off-campus arena), and the new guys look great on tv. Hope to visit a couple in the next few years. Gonna have to find my way to Milwaukee for a Marqutte game too one of these days.

Anyway, in the end, I voted MSG #7. :|
Storm Fan

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board