Villanova
No votes
Xavier
5%

Total votes : 38

Re: Arena Rankings: Number 10

Postby Edrick » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 pm

What are you asking?

A place like Valpo with 2500 people packed into that tiny bandbox is going to have better 'environment' than anything you could ever do in an NBA arena or some place like the Carrier Dome.

I think you need to define what you are looking for. Obviously the best 'environment' is going to be an intersection of an arenas layout and the likelihood that that arena will host high leverage games (i.e. Cameron Indoor is small and an elite environment because they're always good and the fans are right on top of you)
Edrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby R Jay » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Nova and St. John's play in two arenas. Probably want to make sure we know which one we're going with.
I'd simply recommend the two that both teams play in more often in Big East play: The Pavilion and Madison Square Garden.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby BEX » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:15 pm

18k capacity house, great team or not so great..I got CU right after MSG.
BEX

Postby milksteak » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 am

This one is pretty obvious. I think 1-9 could be interesting...
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:04 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:The 2 votes for Creighton are prob from trolls. Other than a packed MSG, they provide the best atmosphere in the BE with their fan support, and I don' think it is all that close.

Forgot about Hinkle... stand corrected. Creighton at #2 at least, maybe 3 behind MSG when Johnnies are good (which may be a few years from now). When MSG is half full it's actually a little depressing.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby billyjack » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:40 am

Since I haven't been to BE games outside of the Dunk, I'm going to base my vote on how the arena looks on TV.
Providence
billyjack

Postby mpwalsh8 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:55 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:The 2 votes for Creighton are prob from trolls. Other than a packed MSG, they provide the best atmosphere in the BE with their fan support, and I don' think it is all that close.

One is from me as I read the question backwards - I thought we were going 1-10 not 10-1. If I could figure out how to change it, I would switch it to DePaul. I think Creighton has the #1 experience based on facility, local support, routine sellouts, and what appears to be about the perfect size. I've been impressed by the Creighton games I've seen on TV and wish VU has a similar size arena on campus.
mpwalsh8

Postby billyjack » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 am

This is the All State review on the Stadium Journey site.
The guys on this site seem pretty cool and fair, and i agree with their ratings based on arenas or stadiums-parks that I've been to.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/ ... arena-s779
Providence
billyjack

Postby Bluejay » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:23 am

mpwalsh8 wrote:

One is from me as I read the question backwards - I thought we were going 1-10 not 10-1. If I could figure out how to change it, I would switch it to DePaul. I think Creighton has the #1 experience based on facility, local support, routine sellouts, and what appears to be about the perfect size. I've been impressed by the Creighton games I've seen on TV and wish VU has a similar size arena on campus.

For what its worth, Creighton's arena is not on campus. It is walking distance from campus, although its a long, cold, snowy walk during most of basketball season. The school does provide a free shuttle which certainly helps student attendance.
Bluejay

Postby FlyJays » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:06 am

Bluejay wrote:
mpwalsh8 wrote:

For what its worth, Creighton's arena is not on campus. It is walking distance from campus, although its a long, cold, snowy walk during most of basketball season. The school does provide a free shuttle which certainly helps student attendance.

Creighton's arena is about five blocks from campus. It's an easy walk. Considering the quality/size of the arena, I think we're willing to live with it not being officially "on campus".
FlyJays

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board