CINTAS CENTER EXPANSION

The home for Big East hoops

CINTAS CENTER EXPANSION

Postby Xudash » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 pm

The next phase of improvements to the Cintas Center just announced:

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2015/11/02/xavier-to-expand-cintas-center.html
XAVIER
Xudash

CINTAS CENTER EXPANSION

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CINTAS CENTER EXPANSION

Postby thebigeXpress » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 pm

I notice there is no mention of the projected capacity for the Cintas. I can't believe it's already 15 years old. I'm sure some remember the good ole days at the Gardens with the sticky beer stained floors from the hockey games the night before. Worst yet, sharing the Gardens with UC while they built the Shoemaker.
thebigeXpress

Postby marquette » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:04 pm

thebigeXpress wrote:I notice there is no mention of the projected capacity for the Cintas. I can't believe it's already 15 years old. I'm sure some remember the good ole days at the Gardens with the sticky beer stained floors from the hockey games the night before. Worst yet, sharing the Gardens with UC while they built the Shoemaker.

The moves should boost capacity from 10,250 to about 10,370

Not a huge capacity boost but it sounds like they are focusing on the fan amenities and experience.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby pki1998 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:07 pm

thebigeXpress wrote:I notice there is no mention of the projected capacity for the Cintas. I can't believe it's already 15 years old. I'm sure some remember the good ole days at the Gardens with the sticky beer stained floors from the hockey games the night before. Worst yet, sharing the Gardens with UC while they built the Shoemaker.

Don't get me wrong the Cintas Center and being on campus is great! But there is still a part of me that misses playing in the Cincinnati Gardens. Hell I remember games at Schmidt, the Gardens was a big improvement over Schmidt!
Xavier
pki1998

Return to Big East basketball message board