Exhibition Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Exhibition Games

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:01 pm

It's just good to see the new players and the team play. They mean nothing, well unless you lose, and then it only means the forums will be blowing up. :D
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:17 pm

billyjack wrote:St John's beat Div-2 Sonoma State 64-46.
Providence beat a good Northeastern team "in a close one".
The Butler win was vs Div-2 St Joseph’s of Indiana, not the Philly Hawks.

Nice to see SJU beat someone, hopefully they can atleast beat the cupcakes this year.
Jet915

Postby DemonLS » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 am

DePaul beat Div II Caldwell 82-52 today. The team looked pretty good. Caldwell also lost to Notre Dame on Thursday night 81-56.

Even though the competition was very average, it appears that Dave Leitao MAY have brought defense back to Chicago for the first time in 10 years. Only 14 points in the paint for Caldwell today.

DePaul also played without one of their leading scorers, Mychal Henry, due to a small shoulder injury.
DemonLS

Postby stever20 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:23 am

DemonLS wrote:DePaul beat Div II Caldwell 82-52 today. The team looked pretty good. Caldwell also lost to Notre Dame on Thursday night 81-56.

Even though the competition was very average, it appears that Dave Leitao MAY have brought defense back to Chicago for the first time in 10 years. Only 14 points in the paint for Caldwell today.

DePaul also played without one of their leading scorers, Mychal Henry, due to a small shoulder injury.

To put in perspective- DePaul gave up less than 60 points last year twice- both times 58 to Marquette. I know the competition today- but that includes some a few cream puffs last year as well.
stever20

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:33 am

billyjack wrote:The Butler win was vs Div-2 St Joseph’s of Indiana, not the Philly Hawks.

When unsure, use St. Joseph's(PA), St. Joe's(PA), or SJU(PA) to eliminate any doubt.
Westbrook#36

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:28 pm

I guess it also could have been the one in Maine, NY, PA, IN, MT St Joseph in Cinci, and lord knows how many others that's just the first page of google... I guess I thought there was two of them, so didn't worry about it too much. :shock:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Villanova beat Pace 80 - 45 today at Wells Fargo Center.

I was at the SJU vs. STAC game. I love Mullin but he was doing ZERO in game coaching. He was just sitting there for most of the game. Hoping to see a little more out of him once the season starts.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Amase2 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:49 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Villanova beat Pace 80 - 45 today at Wells Fargo Center.

I was at the SJU vs. STAC game. I love Mullin but he was doing ZERO in game coaching. He was just sitting there for most of the game. Hoping to see a little more out of him once the season starts.

Was noticeable change in game 2. It will take time and he will get more comfortable as he goes.

I know the game was a washout but any players impress or surprise you?
Amase2

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Amase,

I thought Mussini, Christian Jones, and Malik Ellison all looked good. I think Mussini needs to take better care of the ball but he looks like he could be good. I was most impressed with Christian Jones, think he can be a player. Ellison is obviously young, but he was active out there.

St. John's will be fine. St. John's fans just need to give Mullin a few years to right the ship. He is doing the best he can with what he has and losing your top 6 scorers isn't easy for any coach. Unfortunately I think this year might be very tough, but again, as long as SJU fans are sympathetic about the situation and enjoy the process, Mullin will eventually get you guys there.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Amase2 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:47 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Amase,

I thought Mussini, Christian Jones, and Malik Ellison all looked good. I think Mussini needs to take better care of the ball but he looks like he could be good. I was most impressed with Christian Jones, think he can be a player. Ellison is obviously young, but he was active out there.

St. John's will be fine. St. John's fans just need to give Mullin a few years to right the ship. He is doing the best he can with what he has and losing your top 6 scorers isn't easy for any coach. Unfortunately I think this year might be very tough, but again, as long as SJU fans are sympathetic about the situation and enjoy the process, Mullin will eventually get you guys there.

I agree on everything you said.
Thanks
Amase2

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board