CBS Sports a fan of the BE

The home for Big East hoops

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:12 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25354005/cbs-sports-2015-16-big-east-predictions-give-respect-to-elite-villanova

Slanted a bit towards Nova but I think a very positive piece about the conference on a whole. Enjoy.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBS Sports a fan of the BE

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Actually, I find their coverage (this article aside) to be among the most pessimistic about the BE.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Xudash » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:49 pm

It's CBS.

It's one of CBS's writers stating this: The Big East is still a major conference with major heft

That's all I need to read to like this article, though I enjoyed the rest of it anyway. We are moving forward in the right direction.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby marquette » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:18 pm

I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Jet915 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:42 pm

Norlander usually knows his stuff...
Jet915

Postby ivet » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Doug Gottlieb is a douchebag! I know he didn't write this but he is part of that crew. Have you guys forgotten what he said about our conference last year?
ivet

Postby Jet915 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Jet915

Postby Edrick » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:11 am

This solidifies my position of not understanding how Butler isn't preseason #1 in these projections. (Whether or not they are is unrelated, just it doesn't make much sense given all of these)

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2015/10 ... -chrabascz

So, thus far they have two first team all-Big East players starting at shooting guard and small forward, have the #2 power forward, and a transferring McDonalds All-American point guard. It just doesn't follow.

I personally am picking them 2nd again but I honestly don't know how these list makers can.
Edrick

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:57 am

Edrick wrote:This solidifies my position of not understanding how Butler isn't preseason #1 in these projections. (Whether or not they are is unrelated, just it doesn't make much sense given all of these)

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2015/10 ... -chrabascz

So, thus far they have two first team all-Big East players starting at shooting guard and small forward, have the #2 power forward, and a transferring McDonalds All-American point guard. It just doesn't follow.

I personally am picking them 2nd again but I honestly don't know how these list makers can.

I think most people would rank Butler's roster as 3rd in the league in terms of top to bottom talent behind Nova and G'town. I think the biggest issue for Butler is depth. G'town can throw athletic forwards at you in droves and Nova has a Top 3 player in the league at each position--IMO--other than the 4 spot with Brunson, Arch, Hart and Ochefu. Though Rosie and Dunham are studs, not sure Butler has the same amount of horses. Though the "Butler Way" does account for something.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Edrick » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 am

I wasn't arguing either way. I was just saying that it doesn't make sense, if you are going by these things. They have the best 1-2-3 in the conference and when you add things like this with Chrabascz rated second and having one of the better 6th men in the league in Kelan Martin --- it just kind of starts adding up. Not to mention a guy like Jordan Gathers who'll be their 7th or 8th guy averaged over 8 at St Bonny.

Again, I personally am picking Nova first. I just doubt there is much difference between the two, if there is one.
Edrick

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board