How Does Everyone Feel About Jay Bilas?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:28 am

While I feel that he has the best interest of the student athlete in mind he continually finds faults with the NCAA that are unnecessary. It seems like every other day he has a new crusade against them for propitious reasons. Today's example:

@JayBilas Interesting to see NCAA cracking down on those pesky college graduates continuing to play ball: http://on.ncaa.com/1MVxxVH What a big problem.

You might be asking what this "cracking down" consists of:

The committee will ask the Division I Council to sponsor legislation that would require graduate and post-baccalaureate students to declare a specific degree program and another measure that would require those students to complete at least six hours of degree-applicable credit per semester.

THOSE BASTARDS AT THE NCAA ARE MONSTERS
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: How Does Everyone Feel About Jay Bilas?

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:46 am

What do you expect? He's a lawyer. Someone's rights are always being tramped upon.
Westbrook#36

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:23 am

Stuff like this is why I stopped following him on Twitter. He got a lot of attention for calling out the NCAA on its amateurism principles while still trying to make as much money as possible within sports. Now the NCAA is taking steps to make things even better for the athletes in major sports, but Bilas loved the adulation he received before, so he tries to pick fights when there's not really anything there.

As someone who actually had to switch majors in college after I graduated in order to continue participating in athletics, I didn't pitch a fit when the school told me in order to do it I had to take multiple classes in that field (Economics) in order to get approval from the school to submit it to the NCAA. Apparently in the conversation with our AD I was brainwashed into thinking that actually doing what I said I was academically made logical sense. If only Jay had been there to save me...
Irishdawg

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:14 am

Bilas is an ACC homer and therefore no friend of ours.

As Rage Against the Machine once said, and I quote "Know your enemy!", and we all know our enemies are ESPN and the ACC.
NJRedman

Postby FDS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:31 am

Seriously... the only question that ever runs through Bilas' mind before he speaks is, "Is what I am about to say going to be good for Duke? Yes, then I will say it."
FDS

Postby anXUfan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:44 am

Totally agree with the original poster.

I also quit following Bilas for this reason.
anXUfan

Postby BEX » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Bias no fan of X. Likes to rip our NCAA selection every year. But, it's ok, cuz we usually do well and make him look like a fool.
BEX

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Kind of a douche, didnt he defend Pitino?
Jet915

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Even though I agree with him on most things about the NCAA, he is still too smug for my liking.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NovaBall » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Ten years ago he was among the best in the business. But he's unlistenable at this point. Places his political agenda first and his basketball broadcasting and analysis second.
NovaBall

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board