Chris Mack, wedding crasher

The home for Big East hoops

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Just saw this on ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... edding-day

Have to say- seen a lot of stories like this about him- really like him as a person. Reps Xavier in an incredible way.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Chris Mack, wedding crasher

Postby BEX » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Wow. We're winning over Stever to the dark side. Who would have guessed?
BEX

Postby Xudash » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 pm

I thought Stever was the dark side.

Either way, a great article about Chris.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEX » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 am

BEX

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 pm

BEX wrote:Mack & son ready to do battle:

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite.net ... 001-vs.jpg

the thing I love the most about the picture is that it's midnight madness and it means the season is almost finally here!!!!
stever20

Postby Bearcat_Bounce » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 pm

This man has made two major mistakes: Getting married and being a Xavier fan.
Bearcat_Bounce

Postby Xudash » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Bearcat_Bounce wrote:This man has made two major mistakes: Getting married and being a Xavier fan.

I know it's hard being a Bearcat fan, especially having to deal with 5 victories / 10 losses versus Xavier since the turn of this century.

I channel surfed by your football game with powerhouse UCONN today. Nice crowd. Nothing but second class - - no excuses. Actually, it's the same way with your bandwagon basketball fans.

Otherwise, you really shouldn't be bringing up another team's coach, given that little Mickey is such a douche:

I just hope the Yellow Toothed Gnome stays at UC for a long time.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Bearcat_Bounce » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Xudash wrote:
Bearcat_Bounce wrote:This man has made two major mistakes: Getting married and being a Xavier fan.

I know it's hard being a Bearcat fan, especially having to deal with 5 victories / 10 losses versus Xavier since the turn of this century.

I channel surfed by your football game with powerhouse UCONN today. Nice crowd. Nothing but second class - - no excuses. Actually, it's the same way with your bandwagon basketball fans.

Otherwise, you really shouldn't be bringing up another team's coach, given that little Mickey is such a douche:

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 5h5 hours ago
Paid attendance 40,124 for #UC-UConn. That is a Nippert Stadium record.
Bearcat_Bounce

Postby Xudash » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Bearcat_Bounce wrote:
Xudash wrote:

Tom Groeschen ‏@TomGroeschen 5h5 hours ago
Paid attendance 40,124 for #UC-UConn. That is a Nippert Stadium record.

Ha! 40,000 in paid or actual attendance is embarrassing at the highest level of collegiate football. What on God's earth do you not understand about that?

I actually like the setting at Nippert and I like the improvements that were made, but UC made A huge mistake in not bumping capacity up north of at least 50 K.

And paid or not, whatever that means in the ticket pricing scheme for Cincinnati (i.e. cheap tickets for a second-tier program), the attendance today looked pathetic on television.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby jaxalum » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Okay, let me get this straight. You, a University of Cincinnati fan, on a Big East/Xavier forum, have taken time you will never be able to get back, time you could be spending with your kids, friends, significant other(s), furthering your education, discussing and/or contemplating the current economic and political environment (and possible solutions) of our remarkable, yet distressed republic, and still, you consciously choose to post the above.

-Xavier has been the class of this city's rivalry for at least the last 15-20 years. We are in a superior conference, recruit at a higher level, and have been consistently trending upwards. Next.

-"Mistake Getting Married"......I wish I could be more eloquent in addressing such ignorant stupidity. Whether you believe in the institution of marriage or not is inconsequential. Respecting another's belief IS of consequence. Alright, I will dumb it way the f--- down for you... He's (Coach Mack)married to a woman who's been an elite athlete and basketball player her whole life. She's ultra competitive and loves to teach the sport. He essentially shares exactly the same beliefs, experiences, and convictions. And they have three beautiful children. We should all be so lucky. Bearcat, there's a reason ENY is considered one of the seven deadly sins.

Advice Bearcat...get a hobby, join a dating site, take a cooking class, and maybe take a step back from the whole fandom thing. We are all guilty of going over the top from time to time.
Xavier
jaxalum

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board