Road Games

The home for Big East hoops

Road Games

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:39 am

What road games are you all going to this year? Any places you're really looking forward to checking out?

The first one I'm going to is Michigan. Im really looking forward to that one the most being a Big 10 team and a big name school. They should end up being a good team too and would be a real nice road win for the resume

I'm also planning to go to Butler, Depaul and of course the Big East Tournament. I'd also like to get to Georgetown at some point but I don't know if that will happen this year.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Road Games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Road Games

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Plan on causing a riot at the Maryland/Georgetown game
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Postby marquette » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Badgers and DePaul. Most likely the only away games I'll be able to make this season. Last year of school sucks.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby NJRedman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm in LA so i'm waiting for us to sign a new deal with UCLA or that challenge with the PAC happens.
NJRedman

Postby milksteak » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:17 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:What road games are you all going to this year? Any places you're really looking forward to checking out?

The first one I'm going to is Michigan. Im really looking forward to that one the most being a Big 10 team and a big name school. They should end up being a good team too and would be a real nice road win for the resume

I'm also planning to go to Butler, Depaul and of course the Big East Tournament. I'd also like to get to Georgetown at some point but I don't know if that will happen this year.

I definitely recommend the Georgetown trip. We did it in the 2013-2014 season, and we had a blast despite getting our butts kicked. We got a direct flight from Indy for 300-350ish/person roundtrip, which is pretty decent. We got to see the game, all the major monuments/buildings and went out in Georgetown that night...all in about 36 hours. We flew out Saturday morning and returned Sunday. It made for a hell of a weekend. I'd recommend giving yourself three days/two nights if you do it.

Haven't been anywhere else. We've had to pay for a wedding, and we are getting a house in March. We will definitely do Xavier and Marquette soon. They're both very close. Villanova and Providence interest us too. My wife has never been to Philly and flights to Providence are priced pretty reasonably (I was surprised).
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:19 pm

I won't be there but expect to see a TON of Creighton fans in Chicago for the Loyola-Chicago game. Dougie and the Bulls are in town that night. Jays vs Ramblers at 1 then Bulls vs Hornets at 7.
OmahaGuy

Postby Doge McDermott » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Since I live in Chicago, Loyola and DePaul are givens. I'm also trying to convince the wife to make a Valentimes Day* weekend trip to MKE for the @Marquette game. So far, she's into the idea.

One year, CU will play Butler on a weekend, and we'll make it a trip down to Indianapolis.

*Inside Joke for the CU fans.

OmahaGuy wrote:I won't be there but expect to see a TON of Creighton fans in Chicago for the Loyola-Chicago game. Dougie and the Bulls are in town that night. Jays vs Ramblers at 1 then Bulls vs Hornets at 7.

I've heard a couple people trying to make that trip. Could be a blast, esp if Doug takes off under Hoiberg's offense.
Doge McDermott

Postby Jet915 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Im on the west coast so ill be at Creighton's Las Vegas tournament...
Jet915

Postby BigmanU » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:52 am

Hoya Hoya Hoya wrote:Plan on causing a riot at the Maryland/Georgetown game

Sold out but, I know somebody that knows somebody :D .

Word on the street is the Turtles are flying in players from the 93'-94' Joe Smith team.
BigmanU

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:40 pm

I'll see the game @ Nova since I live in Philly and @ Providence since that's where my folks live. Have been able to do both for the past couple years due to fortuitous scheduling of getting both games on weekends for the past few years. Might make it out to the @ seton hall game because I think that's a weekend too, but will depend on how rotations work out. I've seen games at all the east coast BE schools, but haven't made it to any of the midwestern schools.
hoyahooligan

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board