lol Even a Yukon coach knows this...

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Auriemma "our fans are so goddamn stupid it’s unbelievable”

http://nesn.com/2015/10/geno-auriemma-s ... elievable/
REDMEN1415

lol Even a Yukon coach knows this...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: lol Even a Yukon coach knows this...

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:23 am

"They complain a lot of times that we have no competition and that it's boring." Welcome to the American Athletic Conference, Geno - where UConn gets to play conference rivals Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, SMU, Houston, UCF and USF. Nobody wants to say it, but it is really Conference USA + UConn and Cincinnati.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:"They complain a lot of times that we have no competition and that it's boring." Welcome to the American Athletic Conference, Geno - where UConn gets to play conference rivals Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, SMU, Houston, UCF and USF. Nobody wants to say it, but it is really Conference USA + UConn and Cincinnati.

on the womens side- the AAC is better than the Big East. Not by much. AAC had 3 get in, BE 2. For them playing DePaul and Seton Hall is no different than playing USF or Tulane. Well actually USF was a 6 seed in the tourney last year- while DePaul and Seton Hall were only 9 seeds. Tulane in as a 12 seed. You say if UConn is in the Big East Tulane doesn't get in. I say Tulane maybe gets 2 more wins and isn't as close to the bubble.

Also, it's not an AAC or Big East thing also. It's a women's basketball thing. There's really only 10 teams maybe that have any shot of beating UConn.

What Geno is referring to is really from a few years ago- where they got Notre Dame and Louisville as conference games.
stever20

Postby Hoya Hoya Hoya » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 am

I couldn't name a single player on the women's Georgetown basketball team.
@BasketballOP
Hoya Hoya Hoya

Postby XtoDC » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Well obviously the podcast was about women's basketball, so I don't know how much it fits the narrative around here that AAC men's basketball stinks.

I thought Geno started off the podcast really awkward, but the second half of it was really entertaining. I loved his honesty and he didn't seem to be worried about what people thought of him (I'm assuming it helps you feel secure in your job when you have 10 NC's).
XtoDC

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:"They complain a lot of times that we have no competition and that it's boring." Welcome to the American Athletic Conference, Geno - where UConn gets to play conference rivals Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, SMU, Houston, UCF and USF. Nobody wants to say it, but it is really Conference USA + UConn and Cincinnati.

In general his fans aren't being stupid so much as they're being honest. The girls across the NCAA have infinite more skill than I'll ever possess, but a lack of actual competition to win a National title save for 4 or 5 schools other than UConn every year does make for a fairly boring season. Obviously it's his job to win championships and he's done one heck of a job doing it, but when your team has won the last 3 NCAA titles with an average margin of victory of 35, 26 and 33 points per game in the tournament, win the championship games themselves by 33, 21 and 10 points and lose only a single game in the past 2 seasons, yeah, it doesn't seem like you have a lot of competition and I could see how your fans might be bored by that.
Irishdawg

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Irishdawg wrote:

In general his fans aren't being stupid so much as they're being honest. The girls across the NCAA have infinite more skill than I'll ever possess, but a lack of actual competition to win a National title save for 4 or 5 schools other than UConn every year does make for a fairly boring season. Obviously it's his job to win championships and he's done one heck of a job doing it, but when your team has won the last 3 NCAA titles with an average margin of victory of 35, 26 and 33 points per game in the tournament, win the championship games themselves by 33, 21 and 10 points and lose only a single game in the past 2 seasons, yeah, it doesn't seem like you have a lot of competition and I could see how your fans might be bored by that.

Yep. They got kind of spoiled in the old Big East with top 5 matchups with Louisville and Notre Dame- but those are long gone.

man love their OOC schedule..... Ohio St, Kansas St, Nebraska, DePaul, Notre Dame, Florida St, LSU, and Maryland. Only 2 cupcakes- Chattanooga and Colgate(both on the road). Wow.
stever20

Return to Big East basketball message board