Who will be Freshman of the year?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Who will be Freshman of the year?

Postby BEhomer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:18 pm

for dark horse, i will go with mussini. has experience playing in bigger stages and can flat out knock down jumpers.
BEhomer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BigmanU » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:25 pm

NJRedman wrote:Lovett and he is eligible. He's already been cleared

Thanks for the heads up. I must have confused him with Kassoum Yakwe. Has his eligibility been cleared up?

Yankuba Sima also?
BigmanU

Postby NJRedman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Amase2 wrote:

Don't think its official yet. But with the minutes and opportunities he will get I would be real surprised if he wasnt 1st team all rookie.

Ill go with Ellenson

Well classes started so if he's in class then he's eligible. If he's not eligible to play academically then he's not eligible to be in school either. Im pretty sure I was reading about it a few weeks ago on twitter.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm

NJRedman wrote:
Amase2 wrote:

Don't think its official yet. But with the minutes and opportunities he will get I would be real surprised if he wasnt 1st team all rookie.

Ill go with Ellenson

Well classes started so if he's in class then he's eligible. If he's not eligible to play academically then he's not eligible to be in school either. Im pretty sure I was reading about it a few weeks ago on twitter.

Not necessarily. I know Diallo at Kansas took like 6 hours during the summer- but he hasn't been cleared as of yet.

Remember, the guy from St John's last year didn't get declared ineligible until the week before the season started.
stever20

Postby hortle » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

just based on what I saw from Ellenson in Italy, he seems like the presumptive favorite
hortle

Postby BigmanU » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Well classes started so if he's in class then he's eligible. If he's not eligible to play academically then he's not eligible to be in school either. Im pretty sure I was reading about it a few weeks ago on twitter.[/quote]
Not necessarily. I know Diallo at Kansas took like 6 hours during the summer- but he hasn't been cleared as of yet.

Remember, the guy from St John's last year didn't get declared ineligible until the week before the season started.[/quote]

This. The two bigs Yakwe & Sima statuses are still up in the air.

Hopefully this is good news for Yawke

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... d-by-ncaa/
BigmanU

Postby Amase2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:56 pm

NJRedman wrote:
Amase2 wrote:

Ill go with Ellenson

This is not true. Being enrolled in school and being determined eligible by the ncaa are completely different. See Sanchez, Thomas, Adonis..
Amase2

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Big east will find a way to give it to archi lol
RedStormHoops

Postby BEX » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Sumner tearing it up @ Xavier practices. I think the PG dilemma has been solved. Myles may start a couple games, but Sumner will get a lot of minutes. Hard to stay in front of this guy.
BEX

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:39 pm

FoY - Ellenson over Brunson.
Dark horse - Patton
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board