Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

The home for Big East hoops

Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
61%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
12%
Providence
22%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Postby Edrick » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Our two best players last season were playing on the scout team. Which was sometimes beating the starters in scrimmages.

But yes, Butler is Butler, and no one is to be compared with their turnaround efforts.

Well no, for the reasons already stated. Freighting has no one remotely close to Roosevelt Jones on the entire roster, much less someone incremental. That's why it's not comparable. It's not a bad thing. It's just the reality of what happens when an all-league kind of player returns (would apply to someone like Dunn too)
Edrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby R Jay » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Edrick wrote:
handdownmandown wrote:Our two best players last season were playing on the scout team. Which was sometimes beating the starters in scrimmages.

But yes, Butler is Butler, and no one is to be compared with their turnaround efforts.

Well no, for the reasons already stated. Freighting has no one remotely close to Roosevelt Jones on the entire roster, much less someone incremental. That's why it's not comparable. It's not a bad thing. It's just the reality of what happens when an all-league kind of player returns (would apply to someone like Dunn too)

That's pretty dismissing considering that you likely haven't seen Watson or Huff play before...
If I remember correctly, no one was talking about Roosevelt being an all-conference player last year at this time, so this is really ex post facto.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board