Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

The home for Big East hoops

Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
61%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
12%
Providence
22%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:20 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Boy oh boy, do I luv da Big East (yes I do!). Snotty, snooty, or downright arrogance - I luv you BE fans! I am finally in the midst of my peer group. I personally luv the "you were last, last season (so you will continue bottom feeding this season)" stuff. Basketball is dynamic, not static. Everyone starts from zero, what you did last season is not necessarily a reliable indicator of future success. All BE teams have to assimilate new folks to their teams and into their lineups. And the media talking heads have a middling record of preseason forecasting. I'll go with my own expert picks - thank you.

Ivet, DudeAnon, Gumby, and the rest - a great group of believers/homers and I salute you all.

As for little Creighton...last season was our outlier season. Yes, we have no DMD, but he was only around for 4 years. Creighton was very successful prior to him and will continue to be now that we move ahead. Hoops is a team game and we are a university that is adept at building very good teams. Creighton retools and will contend for the league championship this season (2015-16). The Jays will be 1 of the 5 BE teams making the dance next March. Youse guys keep believing we will be with the Johnnies and Pirates at the bottom - you are in for some nightmares in your blissful slumbers.
Luv ya,
gtmo

You realize that every single team in this conference except maybe seton hall (and even them from 88-94) can say that they've been a "university that is adept at building very good teams" even Depaul in '92 made 14/17 could've said that same sentence and look how far they fell into nothingness. The feeling of being on top and invincible is certainly still fresh in your head but anyone can fall into the basement.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 am

Other than GTmo, who believes CU will finish first, where did you realistically think you'd finish in this poll. I think 7th is fair considering all of the players you lost and where you ended up last year. Both SHU and DePaul fans have a real gripe considering both are bringing back more returning players AND they finished ahead of you last year.

I get that everyone has a final Four team in September, but tell us honestly where do you all think they should be?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Other than GTmo, who believes CU will finish first, where did you realistically think you'd finish in this poll. I think 7th is fair considering all of the players you lost and where you ended up last year. Both SHU and DePaul fans have a real gripe considering both are bringing back more returning players AND they finished ahead of you last year.

I get that everyone has a final Four team in September, but tell us honestly where do you all think they should be?

I think 7th place is fair for now.
OmahaGuy

Postby Jet915 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:25 am

I think we can finish somewhere between 5-8 so 7 seems alright...
Jet915

Postby handdownmandown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:28 am

I voted us 7th.
handdownmandown

Postby milksteak » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Two votes for Xavier. Weird.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby BoarCommaThe » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Jet915 wrote:I think we can finish somewhere between 5-8 so 7 seems alright...

This is my sentiment as well as a Jays fan. I feel like the top four is pretty established. Five through ten could be a combination of teams.
BoarCommaThe

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:57 pm

MUBoxer wrote: You realize that every single team in this conference except maybe seton hall (and even them from 88-94) can say that they've been a "university that is adept at building very good teams" even Depaul in '92 made 14/17 could've said that same sentence and look how far they fell into nothingness. The feeling of being on top and invincible is certainly still fresh in your head but anyone can fall into the basement.

You realize that 4 of the C7, Prov, SHall, St John's, and DePaul were chronic mid to bottom feeders for 10 plus years in the conference. This reformation in the BE is the 1st light they've seen in over a decade. Winning is new to those 4 schools and will take an adjustment period. Creighton has a history and tradition of winning - your weighty opinions have no effect - just opinion. Watch and learn. Get to know the 3 new schools. They haven't been indoctrinated into the "stay in your place" BE hierarchy yet. Creighton will bounce back into the top half of the conference, winning where they are not "supposed to win". Whether you like it, whether you don't think it will occur, whether we are to " stay in our place" (as little brothers), or not. Welcome to the New Big East!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:44 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
MUBoxer wrote: You realize that every single team in this conference except maybe seton hall (and even them from 88-94) can say that they've been a "university that is adept at building very good teams" even Depaul in '92 made 14/17 could've said that same sentence and look how far they fell into nothingness. The feeling of being on top and invincible is certainly still fresh in your head but anyone can fall into the basement.

You realize that 4 of the C7, Prov, SHall, St John's, and DePaul were chronic mid to bottom feeders for 10 plus years in the conference. This reformation in the BE is the 1st light they've seen in over a decade. Winning is new to those 4 schools and will take an adjustment period. Creighton has a history and tradition of winning - your weighty opinions have no effect - just opinion. Watch and learn. Get to know the 3 new schools. They haven't been indoctrinated into the "stay in your place" BE hierarchy yet. Creighton will bounce back into the top half of the conference, winning where they are not "supposed to win". Whether you like it, whether you don't think it will occur, whether we are to " stay in our place" (as little brothers), or not. Welcome to the New Big East!

Yes, in case you didn't realize my school was a part of most those 10yrs so I remember the standings, you realize that two of those programs still have more NCAA tournament appearances (just ignore any advancing in the tournament) than Creighton and you have two more than one of those... it's not like you're head and shoulders more of a tradition than three of those teams. They each have been right where you are, in fact above where you are because they were coming off massive March success to. I don't doubt Creighton will get there, they definitely have a great structure in place to win. I just think your logic is too narrow sighted and you're making a claim based on winning tradition that three of those teams can equal or surpass.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby hortle » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm

I think every non cu fan on this board needs to realize that this is what gtmo does. do not encourage him to continue to pollute the threads
hortle

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board