Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

The home for Big East hoops

Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
61%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
12%
Providence
22%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Poll: Who will finish in 7th place this year?

Postby R Jay » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:08 am

DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:...and the Creighton Bluejays will finish in the top half of the BE Conference, men's basketball, in the 2015-16 season.

You realize they finished last place in the league last year right?

Not saying I agree with GTMO (because I don't), but there are plenty of examples of teams going from worst to first in a variety of sports.
I do encourage you to actually go look at Creighton's roster for next year, because I don't think you've done any research based on previous comments you've made (i.e. Artino was one of Creighton's best players last season).
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby OmahaGuy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:31 am

Yeah I mean look at Butler from 2014 to last season. Don't think the Jays will make that big of a jump but we know they're about to bounce back. Obviously I want to go back to the Dance but if they at least make the NIT, I'll still be happy. Lack of BigEast talent was the undoing last season, now that Big East talent is coming in with Watson, Huff, Harrell, Thomas, Krampelj, Patton, and Albert and for next season, Foster.
OmahaGuy

Postby ivet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:41 am

R Jay wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:...and the Creighton Bluejays will finish in the top half of the BE Conference, men's basketball, in the 2015-16 season.

You realize they finished last place in the league last year right?

Not saying I agree with GTMO (because I don't), but there are plenty of examples of teams going from worst to first in a variety of sports.
I do encourage you to actually go look at Creighton's roster for next year, because I don't think you've done any research based on previous comments you've made (i.e. Artino was one of Creighton's best players last season).

Plausible if you guys were still in the Missouri Valley Conference, or even the A-10 or HL, but your not in the MVC anymore.
ivet

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:47 pm

LOL@Ivet

That line is recycled, word for word, from posts explaining why it was a lock that we were to struggle our initial year in the conference. How'd that work out?

I am not being so bold as to make a top half guarantee but my God does that post just ooze dismissive snottiness.
handdownmandown

Postby ivet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:26 pm

handdownmandown wrote:LOL@Ivet

That line is recycled, word for word, from posts explaining why it was a lock that we were to struggle our initial year in the conference. How'd that work out?

I am not being so bold as to make a top half guarantee but my God does that post just ooze dismissive snottiness.

Snootiness? You guys are in the Big East now, you can leave your insecurities behind. Are we not allowed to diss CU fans or are you guys just not use to being dismissed since you were always the big dogs in your old conference?
ivet

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Boy oh boy, do I luv da Big East (yes I do!). Snotty, snooty, or downright arrogance - I luv you BE fans! I am finally in the midst of my peer group. I personally luv the "you were last, last season (so you will continue bottom feeding this season)" stuff. Basketball is dynamic, not static. Everyone starts from zero, what you did last season is not necessarily a reliable indicator of future success. All BE teams have to assimilate new folks to their teams and into their lineups. And the media talking heads have a middling record of preseason forecasting. I'll go with my own expert picks - thank you.

Ivet, DudeAnon, Gumby, and the rest - a great group of believers/homers and I salute you all.

As for little Creighton...last season was our outlier season. Yes, we have no DMD, but he was only around for 4 years. Creighton was very successful prior to him and will continue to be now that we move ahead. Hoops is a team game and we are a university that is adept at building very good teams. Creighton retools and will contend for the league championship this season (2015-16). The Jays will be 1 of the 5 BE teams making the dance next March. Youse guys keep believing we will be with the Johnnies and Pirates at the bottom - you are in for some nightmares in your blissful slumbers.
Luv ya,
gtmo
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Hoopfan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Not sure I follow your successful view prior to McD. Went back to look at success and found this:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... team1/5734

Compared to traditional Be powers and Xavier's history of s16s id disagree with your view.
Hoopfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Hoopfan wrote:Not sure I follow your successful view prior to McD. Went back to look at success and found this:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... team1/5734

Compared to traditional Be powers and Xavier's history of s16s id disagree with your view.

Fine. Sorry if you expected Duke or UConn as our mid major history...making the dance was a big deal in our MVC days (I agree that we generally met seed expectations and we were not Cinderellas.).
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Edrick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:01 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Yeah I mean look at Butler from 2014 to last season. Don't think the Jays will make that big of a jump but we know they're about to bounce back. Obviously I want to go back to the Dance but if they at least make the NIT, I'll still be happy. Lack of BigEast talent was the undoing last season, now that Big East talent is coming in with Watson, Huff, Harrell, Thomas, Krampelj, Patton, and Albert and for next season, Foster.

Butler didnt have Roosevelt Jones due to injury and added him back. Had they had him, they would have been similar to last year. Butler last year isnt an indication of what can be done for anyone, other than, I suppose, someone else adding back one of the conference's best players. (Marquette, perhaps)
Edrick

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Our two best players last season were playing on the scout team. Which was sometimes beating the starters in scrimmages.

But yes, Butler is Butler, and no one is to be compared with their turnaround efforts.
handdownmandown

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board