Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

The home for Big East hoops

Poll ended at Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
11%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
No votes
Providence
7%
Seton Hall
30%
St. John's
52%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
No votes

Total votes : 44

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:29 pm

10 - DePaul

Who will be 9th?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

Postby milksteak » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:50 am

Who keeps voting for Providence? Seriously.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby R Jay » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:39 am

I have Seton Hall finishing 9th. Mostly because Kevin Willard is still the head coach, but also because I don't think they adequately addressed graduations on the wing and depth problems behind Delgado in the post. I expect them to really struggle shooting, too.

10: St. John's
9: Seton Hall
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:27 am

Toss up between St. Johns and Seton Hall. St. Johns is such a huge wild card because they have, basically, an entirely new team this year with a new coach. If they gel together quickly, and figure out their roles early in the season, they could make some noise in Mullins' first year. I went with Seton Hall though based on what they have returning. Losing Gibbs was huge. Willard will be on the hot seat if things don't improve this year. Whitehead is a special and dynamic player - if he can carry the load, with maybe some extra help from Gordon, Hall could have a solid season. Just not sure what else they have.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 am

I voted for Creighton just to keep their fanbase in check ;)
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby R Jay » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah, because it's wrong to be confident about being improved... We should just settle for being worse than the C7.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:58 am

Seton Hall's starting 5 talent wise is definitely top 3-4 in the BE worthy, depth wise after that who knows? Their biggest problem though, is the inmates run the asylum, well that, and Willard is still their coach.
Westbrook#36

Postby FriarJ » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 am

milksteak wrote:Who keeps voting for Providence? Seriously.

My money is on a Pirate, they have a couple of cats on their Board that for whatever reason always have PC picked low every year. Funny thing is I'm certain this will be the best and most versatile PC team in years. If Henton was off we lost, the whole offense was around him. Harris tried but he did not understand team BB. This team will play better together with more weapons.
FriarJ

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 am

R Jay wrote:Yeah, because it's wrong to be confident about being improved... We should just settle for being worse than the C7.

It was a joke man, relax
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:29 pm

I voted for SJ because of the high turnover and new staff. Seton Hall has a lot of talent, with a year of experience for their talented class. It's Whitehead's team now and he's pretty good. Just as a counterpoint to all the stuff about turmoil, I thought Gibbs didn't like to share the ball and Sina wasn't a very good player. Not sure they'll be missed as much as some think.
Wizard of Westroads

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board