Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

The home for Big East hoops

Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
11%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
No votes
Providence
7%
Seton Hall
30%
St. John's
52%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
No votes

Total votes : 44

Re: Which team will finish in 9th place this season?

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Marquette was not the only team to land a good 2015 recruiting class. Creighton also upgraded talent via 2 top transfers and a former Juco AA. Better players drastically change the perception of a talent difference. The schedule setup this season merely provides an early opportunity to surprise and upset the predicted front runner teams. Should be an exciting season of BE hoops.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:24 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Marquette was not the only team to land a good 2015 recruiting class. Creighton also upgraded talent via 2 top transfers and a former Juco AA. Better players drastically change the perception of a talent difference. The schedule setup this season merely provides an early opportunity to surprise and upset the predicted front runner teams. Should be an exciting season of BE hoops.

Of course we weren't, Nova had a great class to.

We at Marquette know how effective juco all Americans are better than anyone (two of ours are now starting in the NBA) I don't follow creightons too close except when I want to make a point about how that one guy doesn't count as a real five star so could you tell me who the transfers are so I can look them up and evaluate their talent without the word of somebody who bleeds blue... Creighton blue as opposed to MU, VU, GU, DU, SHU, XU, or BU.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Unbiased article on Today's U dot com, Big East landing page.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:14 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Unbiased article on Today's U dot com, Big East landing page.

Interesting article. Kinda interesting how he glorifies Patton but he's only a four star recruit but he glosses over the four stars of nova and mu focusing on jaylen and Henry. Ill Give you mo Watson, not sold on that dude from Nevada though and like I said we at MU know better than anyone the difference a juco AA can make. The question you should ask yourself though is do two transfers from a bottom feeder ACC team and a ok mostly bad MVC team really have the ability to boost you to first? No matter how bad a team is they need a star right, so even a guy from gambling could look good on paper and not hold his own. Just seems like a stretch to me but hey that's why we play the games two years ago on paper MU should've ran away with the BE title and ended up laying a deuce so anything can happen with injuries, transfers, suspensions, and more!
Last edited by MUBoxer on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Jet915 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:27 pm

MUBoxer wrote:

Interesting article. Kinda interesting how he glorifies Patton but he's only a four star recruit but he glosses over the four stars of nova and mu focusing on jaylen and Henry. Ill Give you mo Watson, not sold on that dude from Nevada though and like I said we at MU know better than anyone the difference a judo AA can make. The question you should ask yourself though is do two transfers from a bottom feeder ACC team and a ok mostly bad MVC team really have the ability to boost you to first? No matter how bad a team is they need a star right, so even a guy from gambling could look good on paper and not hold his own. Just seems like a stretch to me but hey that's why we play the games two years ago on paper MU should've ran away with the BE title and ended up laying a deuce so anything can happen with injuries, transfers, suspensions, and more!

Can we have a link?
Jet915

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:

Interesting article. Kinda interesting how he glorifies Patton but he's only a four star recruit but he glosses over the four stars of nova and mu focusing on jaylen and Henry. Ill Give you mo Watson, not sold on that dude from Nevada though and like I said we at MU know better than anyone the difference a judo AA can make. The question you should ask yourself though is do two transfers from a bottom feeder ACC team and a ok mostly bad MVC team really have the ability to boost you to first? No matter how bad a team is they need a star right, so even a guy from gambling could look good on paper and not hold his own. Just seems like a stretch to me but hey that's why we play the games two years ago on paper MU should've ran away with the BE title and ended up laying a deuce so anything can happen with injuries, transfers, suspensions, and more!

Can we have a link?

I believe he was referencing this http://www.todaysu.com/big-east-today/c ... nd-season/
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board