Which team will finish in 10th place this basketball season?

The home for Big East hoops

10th Place Finish?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Butler
No votes
Creighton
10%
DePaul
52%
Georgetown
No votes
Marquette
No votes
Providence
2%
St. John's
24%
Seton Hall
12%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
No votes

Total votes : 50

Re: Which team will finish in 10th place this basketball sea

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:03 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:I voted for DePaul because they had the fewest victories of any Big East team over the past two years. They have no impact freshman, and, other than Billy Garrett, have no special players that can take over a game. Purnell left an absolute mess, and Leitao cannot turn that around in one season.

Rumor I heard with the Leitao hire was that the athletic department wanted a head coach that would keep Garrett Sr. on staff - to ensure Garrett wouldn't transfer out. If that doesn't reek of disfunction, I don't know what is.

That may all be true- but you look at disfunction in the dictionary and Seton Hall's team picture is right there.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xavierfano8 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:16 pm

It's the preseason and every team thinks they have 2-3 newcomers or breakout players who are going to take them to the top of the standings. I would be very surprised if Depaul comes in last with what they have coming back. I think some fan bases are going to have a major wakeup call when conference play rolls around.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:45 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:It's the preseason and every team thinks they have 2-3 newcomers or breakout players who are going to take them to the top of the standings. I would be very surprised if Depaul comes in last with what they have coming back. I think some fan bases are going to have a major wakeup call when conference play rolls around.

I agree. By the looks of it it seems pretty clear cut who fans believe will be teams 9, 8, & 7 as well.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby MUBoxer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 pm

stever20 wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Missed this poll. Damn Medical school!

I don't get the hate on DePaul. People do know they didn't finish last last year right? Cause it sure seems like people don't know they finished 7th last year.

They finished ahead of Creighton, Marquette, and Seton Hall (technically tied, but they beat seton hall twice and got the 7 seed).

I'd probably vote St. John's last, but not sure why DePaul is being picked behind Seton Hall who they were better than last year and Seton Hall lost a fair bit from last year with out adding much.

I think it has to do with the coaching hire. Dave Letaeo (spelling?) is average at best. Two NITs and an NCAA at DePaul and an NIT and NCAA at Virginia before ranking there. Likely SJU will finish last but I voted DePaul simply because I believe mullin will be a better coach.

He had 2 NIT's and a NCAA at DePaul in 3 years. Willard at Seton Hall has had 1 NIT in 5 years.

In a much easier conference and after having time to reload. Willard has a former McDonald's all American on his team. I'd expect whitehead to carry a team more so than anybody on DePaul especially with such a drastic change in play from Purnell to Leitao
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Looks like there is some consensus on 10th place. I will create a 9th place poll in a minute.

10 - DePaul
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board