Big East still a major conference-ESPN love

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East still a major conference-ESPN love

Postby R Jay » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 pm

stever20 wrote:I just don't see the need to bury the AAC at every turn like folks on here want to do. Like I've said- the AAC ain't the enemy. The P5 is.

The only reason we feel the need to do so is that you disrespect the Big East and talk up the AAC at every opportunity you get.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:10 pm

R Jay wrote:
stever20 wrote:I just don't see the need to bury the AAC at every turn like folks on here want to do. Like I've said- the AAC ain't the enemy. The P5 is.

The only reason we feel the need to do so is that you disrespect the Big East and talk up the AAC at every opportunity you get.

Dude, I could not say a word about the AAC, and folks on here would bury the AAC just the same. And you know it.
stever20

Postby marquette » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:32 pm

stever20 wrote:
but the thing is, we need to see how the teams like UCF, ECU, Tulane, etc. are in the future. Those teams have upgraded from where they used to be. I don't think it'd be a surprise at all if UCF turns into a good program. And even ECU given they're in a pretty good basketball hotbed.

Yes, stever, hang your case on UCF, ECU, and Tulane turning into basketball powerhouses. ECU, who has 2 NCAA tournament appearances all-time, UCF, who has 4, and Tulane with their 3.

And ECU in a basketball hotbed? Absolutely. Right along with Duke, UNC, NC State, Davidson, Charlotte... Yes, they will be stealing recruits left and right.

stever20 wrote:Like I've said- the AAC ain't the enemy. The P5 is.

This I can mostly agree with.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Xudash » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 pm

I don't see the need to attempt to discredit the article at the expense of the Big East over your point about one year of data.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Xudash wrote:

I don't see the need to attempt to discredit the article at the expense of the Big East over your point about one year of data.

I just think it's tough to see how 1-2 years of data totally determines how good a conference is. I mean, if that was the case 3 years ago, the MWC would have been like the best conference in the country by the data 2 years sample size is pretty weak.
stever20

Postby Burrito » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Just take the compliment from ESPN and move on Stever. The P5 fans mostly are favorable towards the Big East. It's the AAC fans (and the Arkansas Tech kid DavidSt) who went into attack mode on the other board.
Last edited by Burrito on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burrito

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Burrito wrote:Just take the compliment from ESPN and move on Stever. The P5 fans mostly are favorable towards the Big East. It's the AAC fans (and the Arkansas Tech kid DavidSt) who went into attack mode on the other board. That DavidSt dude is semi retarded.

I think that David St guy might be more than semi.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:02 pm

I know one thing you can really take even more than the AAC- the MWC has totally fallen off a cliff last 2 years. 10/12 in ken pom these last 2 years. Darn lucky last year to get a 3rd team in.
stever20

Postby Burrito » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Regarding the A-10, I wonder if Shaka leaving starts a trend where the rising coaches in that league take offers from the P5? There's obviously a big pay upgrade with that move. How much longer do the coaches from Rhode Island and Dayton stick around? It'll be interesting to see.
Burrito

Postby gosports1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Burrito wrote:Just take the compliment from ESPN and move on Stever. The P5 fans mostly are favorable towards the Big East. It's the AAC fans (and the Arkansas Tech kid DavidSt) who went into attack mode on the other board.

DavidSt does seem to just post made up statements as though they are actual facts.
i dont have any more ill will toward the AAC than i do/did for CUSA. I understand though why some take delight in its failure or struggles. Its no secret that the comments made by some of the fans from the newer AAC schools such as Memphis (one in particular who constantly referred to the C7 as leeches) and ECU(to name names) are the reason many of us left the other board and came here
gosports1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board