Div 1 coaches say FCOA will be advantage in recruiting

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Div 1 coaches say FCOA will be advantage in recruiting

Postby stever20 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:13 pm

like I said before, it really feels like the FCOA is the wild west. It doesn't seem to be any oversight at all for the FCOA's.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby robinreed » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
robinreed wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:And also this only speaks of offering a FCOA or not offering one. Says nothing about whether the amount matters.

Hoya, How do you interpret the following statements from the article:

ESPN survey: Coaches believe differing COA payments will impact recruiting

The additional money men's basketball players will receive due to the newly NCAA-allowed cost of attendance will be a recruiting advantage as recruits begin to understand the wide range of money they could receive from different schools, according to more than 70 percent of the Division I men's basketball coaches who responded to an ESPN survey in August.

I interpret it as the fact that I didn't read the article just the excerpts you provided in your first post. :)

Is there any oversight at all for FCOA? There's no way it costs this much of a differing amount between schools.

I do not believe there is any oversight at this point however some is clearly needed.
robinreed

Postby robinreed » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:27 pm

BY THE WAY THE AVITAR NEXT TO MY POSTS WAS DONE ABOUT AN HOUR AGO BY MELINDA THE 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER OF MY NEIGHBOR. They came to visit and Mel as she is called wanted to draw something. As I normally do not stock crayons I let her work on the paint program on my computer. I ask her what it was she had drawn and she told me it was her cat.
I will use it as my avatar henceforth but as I view it I see it could be interpreted as something else. No offense intended. Or perhaps I merely have a peculiar mind.
robinreed

Postby marquette » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Those numbers are certainly lower than I would hope for (other than Creighton, who seems to be in the average range). That said, my guess is that any schools that don't get their desired results in terms of recruiting re-evaluate next season.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Jet915 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:34 pm

marquette wrote:Those numbers are certainly lower than I would hope for (other than Creighton, who seems to be in the average range). That said, my guess is that any schools that don't get their desired results in terms of recruiting re-evaluate next season.

Nice to see Creighton step up and pay at levels similar to P5 schools, especially considering the cost of living in Omaha is alot less than other Big East cities.
Jet915

Postby robinreed » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:01 am

Jet915 wrote:
marquette wrote:Those numbers are certainly lower than I would hope for (other than Creighton, who seems to be in the average range). That said, my guess is that any schools that don't get their desired results in terms of recruiting re-evaluate next season.

Nice to see Creighton step up and pay at levels similar to P5 schools, especially considering the cost of living in Omaha is alot less than other Big East cities.

Jet, This has nothing to do with sports but I will probably pass through (or at least very near) Omaha in mid October. When I was there about 2 years ago I ate at a great pub-eatery which I think was called Darian's. It had some great Belgian beer and good European style food. Have you heard of the place, is it still open? What is the address? It was not listed under Darian's on the web and I fear it is no longer open. Thanks
robinreed

Postby robinreed » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:03 am

Jet915 wrote:

Last edited by robinreed on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
robinreed

Postby robinreed » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 am

robinreed wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Jet, This has nothing to do with sports but I will probably pass through (or at least very near) Omaha in mid October. When I was there about 2 years ago I ate at a great pub-eatery which I think was called Darian's. It had some great Belgian and German beer and good European style food. Have you heard of the place, is it still open? What is the address? It was not listed under Darian's on the web and I fear it is no longer open. Thanks

Please ignore the paragraph above. I have found the eatery and it is not Darian's but Dario's - IGNORE REQUEST PLEASE.
robinreed

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board