Georgetown's Non Conference

The home for Big East hoops

Postby yaboynyp » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:37 pm

Absolutely brutal....

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... um=twitter

Georgetown Releases Non-League Schedule for 2015-16

Aug. 31, 2015

WASHINGTON - Georgetown University Head Men's Basketball Coach John Thompson III announced the team's non-league schedule for the 2015-16 season, highlighted by a game at Verizon Center against former conference rival Syracuse, as well as non-league games against former conference rival Connecticut and a game at local rival Maryland.

The Hoyas will host eight non-league games at their downtown home at Verizon Center and also take part in the 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden in New York City, a field that includes Duke, Wisconsin and VCU.

Georgetown opens the 2015-16 season on Saturday, Nov. 14, hosting Radford of the Big South Conference at Verizon Center. The game is one of two regional round games for the 2K Classic.

Three days later, on Tuesday, Nov. 17, the Blue & Gray will visit local rival Maryland, a game that is part of the Gavitt Cup, matchups between members of the BIG EAST Conference and the Big Ten Conference. That game tips off at 9 p.m. at Xfinity Center.

The Hoyas will play Wisconsin in one of two semifinals of the 21st Annual 2K Classic benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project on Friday, Nov. 20 at Madison Square Garden. The Hoyas will play the 2015 national runner-up Badgers in the first of two semifinal games on Friday, Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. The game will be shown live on ESPN2. Georgetown will play either Duke or VCU on Sunday, Nov. 22.

Georgetown returns home for seven-straight games from late November to early December, starting with a date against Bryant University on Saturday, Nov. 28. The game is also a regional round game of the 2K Classic.

The Hoyas host the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore on Tuesday, Dec. 1 and then will welcome former longtime BIG EAST Conference rival Syracuse to Verizon Center on Saturday, Dec. 5. The game is the first in a four-year home-and-home series between the teams.

Ivy League foe Brown visits Verizon Center on Monday, Dec. 7 and the Hoyas will host UNC-Wilmington on Saturday, Dec. 12. Georgetown's final two non-league home games include a game against Monmouth on Tuesday, Dec. 15 and one versus UNC-Asheville on Saturday, Dec. 19.

Georgetown will play at Conference USA foe Charlotte on Tuesday, Dec. 22 at Time-Warner Cable Arena, the home of the NBA's Charlotte Hornets, the final non-league game before the start of BIG EAST Conference play.

The final non-league game of the season comes on Saturday, Jan. 23, when the Hoyas will visit former long-time BIG EAST Conference rival Connecticut. The game in Hartford, Conn. is the start of a home-and-home series with the Huskies.
yaboynyp

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Georgetown's Non Conference

Postby marquette » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:35 pm

I suspect an uptick in Georgetown's attendance is a strong possibility this year. I'm guessing close to capacity for both UConn and Syracuse.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Way to get it done Hoyas, here's to hoping you clean up in the OOC and be the national powerhouse you ought to be.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 pm

marquette wrote:I suspect an uptick in Georgetown's attendance is a strong possibility this year. I'm guessing close to capacity for both UConn and Syracuse.

UConn is a road game.

It'll be pretty close to the same quite frankly...
this year-
Radford
Bryant
UMES
Syracuse
Brown
Monmouth
UNC-Asheville

that's no better than last year with Kansas and the dwarves.
St Francis (NY)
Texas A&M-CC
Robert Morris
Towson
Kansas
Radford
Charlotte

not a lot better at all for the home part of the schedule.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 am

Having Syracuse at home on the first Saturday of December is huge!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Just saw the UConn game on Jan 23 is going to be on CBS. Love that.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:47 am

So we play Brown, Bryant, and Providence this year and we play UNC Asheville, UNC Whilmington, and UNC Charlotte. I think it would've been funny to exchange Duke for UNC chapel hill, Radford for UNC Greensboro and UMES for URI so we would play all the UNC campuses and all the RI schools this year.
hoyahooligan

Return to Big East basketball message board