New 2016 ESPN Top 100 Rankings

The home for Big East hoops

Re: New 2016 ESPN Top 100 Rankings

Postby X-man » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:00 am

Bearcat_Bounce wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:In 2015 the BE's 6th place team made the Sw16. In 2015 the entire AAC posted 1 tournament win and had all of 2 bids. And if you'd like to compare the tourney resume's of Cincy and Nova I'd be glad to oblige. In the past decade Cincy has won 4 tourney games. 4 total. Nova has won 12. We are the premier program in our city by far. Our conference mate, XU is the best program in Cincinnati and that isn't close either.

Stop with UCONN. That team was built while still part of the Big East. And to boot I will admit that UCONN is a fantastic program. I miss having them in the league.

But honestly Bounce...where were all the fans at the conference tourney last year? These are all big schools in the AAC. Not many direct flight into Hartford? Did you grab some of your fellow Bearcat fans and make the trip to beautiful and exciting Hartford with the other dozen or so people? What a disgrace. How do you possibly justify that picture? Hey look on the bright side, while we fans of the BE are suffering with our 6 bids and an electric conference tourney in the greatest city on the world you guys get the chance to move around to places like Tulsa and Greenville and maybe even the big city: Cincy! Wow that'll be neat-o huh?

Villanova has won 2 NCAA tournament games the last two years as a #1 seed and a #2 seed. What an accomplishment! In the last 5 years (since you picked an arbitrary number), Villanova has won 2 tournament games!! Lasalle has won more tournament games in that same 5 year span. So, I'd argue that the Explorers are clearly the best program in Philadelphia at the moment.

The conference tournament was played in Hartford, CT. The game you took a picture of was between East Carolina (13-18) and UCF (12-17) at 3:30 PM on a Thursday. Would you travel 620 miles (for ECU) or 1,193 miles (for UCF) to watch that game?

Poor bearkitty. Wants so desperately to be in a real conference that he posts constantly on the board of one such conference. Go back to your little aac boards, kittycat.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 am

So you are pointing to two years in which Nova was a #1 and #2 seed as examples of Nova's BB futility? Wow, you really got me there.

City of Cincinnati's tourney wins (past decade):
XU = 12
Cincy U = 4

City of Phila.'s tourney wins (last decade):
Nova = 12
LaSalle = 3
Temple = 2

One thing you got right is: LaSalle IS a little better than I gave them credit for. They are clearly the 2nd best program in Phila. Your AAC conference mate Temple has been almost as futile as you guys in the tourney.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board