DePaul's france trip

The home for Big East hoops

Re: DePaul's france trip

Postby DemonLS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:38 pm

DePaul won their 2nd game in France by 41 points today. I guess most only post negative comments about DePaul when they were beat badly in their 1st game!

This 2nd game opponent was no where near as good as their first opponent so no big deal.
DemonLS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:41 pm

No, most are patiently waiting for DePaul to actually compete for a post season spot before bragging up meaningless preseason Euro tour wins. I remember you guys coming out of the woodwork and puffing your chests out last season after you started the BE 3-0 then 5-2(after 6 straight embarrassing losses prior to the BE season), only to revert back to business as usual. We all give St. John's crap too, but at least they flirt with the possibility of turning the corner.
Westbrook#36

Postby DemonLS » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:56 pm

No one bragging about that win. Just mentioned that someone ripped DePaul for losing by 34 the first game against a very good squad.

DePaul fans did not come out and brag last year after competing early last year in the Big East. We know where the program is at and it will take the new coaching staff a few years to get this back.

I will say it again....you should hope we turn the corner as it will only help this conference. In case you did not know, Chicago is a VERY powerful sports and media city. And the conference could use help from this area.
DemonLS

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:06 pm

A competitive DePaul is great for the BE, I want nothing more than DePaul to return to glory. You're in ChIcago, a relevant Blue Demon team in that market is a MAJOR asset to the conference. I don't doubt in the alumni/fans of DePaul, but the leadership of that athletic department, that's a completely different story.

To be fair you did lose by 34. That never looks good.

Yeah, a significant uptick in DePaul posters on this site was very noticeable after your BE start last year. It went from like one regular DePaul poster to a bunch more, so yes some of you guys were playing the disrespect card, hard. It's understandably, I feel your frustration, but until DePaul shows me otherwise, I'm a doubter.
Westbrook#36

Postby OldSchoolDemon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:00 pm

westbrook...you and the rest of the world are right to be DePaul doubters...even most DPU fans are doubters. That being said, you're a using a bit of hyperbole when you say DPU fans came out of he woodwork pumping our chest and playing the disrespect card. This thread showed me that many if not all of us recognize DPU for what it has been for the last ten years, but we also recognized that there was some talent on the team and defense and the team approach was holding it back from being a bit more competitive. I'm sure some of us will come back out from time to time when there is a reason for us to feel the need to be proud of our program other than "once in a blue moon"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4063
OldSchoolDemon

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah, maybe I used a little hyperbole. Going back and reading some old posts, you guys took some MAJOR HEAT for starting 3-0 last year, especially after losing 6 straight badly prior to the BE opener. I can see why some of you were chirping and playing the disrespect card, but some of you still did. Water under the bridge at this point.
Westbrook#36

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board