Your team's most impressive stat.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Your team's most impressive stat.

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:29 pm

To my Hoya brethren...

The Nova enjoys having the single highest FG% in an NCAA championship game (78.6%). :D :D :D

What's amazing about that stat is I would venture to guess that G'town was probably in the Top 5 nationally in FG% defense that year. Go figure.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:To my Hoya brethren...

The Nova enjoys having the single highest FG% in an NCAA championship game (78.6%). :D :D :D

What's amazing about that stat is I would venture to guess that G'town was probably in the Top 5 nationally in FG% defense that year. Go figure.

lol.... I kind of want to say we were #1 that year. I know we were at 39% for the season. #10 in scoring defense for the season. 58.9 PPG allowed....
stever20

Postby FriarJ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Edrick wrote:Butler has played in 32 NCAA Tournament games and has never lost to a lower seed, much of that because its 8-1 in the 1st round since 2001.

Basically Butler is a lock to advance, at least once.

Now that is damn impressive
FriarJ

Postby FriarJ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Most enjoyable game outside of a PC game I have ever watched and 2nd place is not even close.
FriarJ

Postby ChelseaFriar » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:40 pm

FriarJ wrote:PC has the alltime #1 and #2 players in career steals in NCAA history.

Also, only New England college to produce a #1 NBA draft pick.
ChelseaFriar

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:06 am

Last season ended Creighton's impressive stats of 18 straight years of 10 or more wins in conference (second only to Kansas) and 17 straight years of postseason.

Now? I got nothin.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby milksteak » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Last season ended Creighton's impressive stats of 18 straight years of 10 or more wins in conference (second only to Kansas) and 17 straight years of postseason.

Now? I got nothin.

The latter part of the stat is unbelievable. Very impressive.

EDIT: I take it that includes NCAA, NIT, CBI and CIT, correct?
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Xudash » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:42 pm

I still regard that game as the finest championship game I've ever witnessed. At first, I thought Nova would start missing at some point - regression to the mean and all that. But after a while, it was as though you just expected Villanova to come down the floor and put the basketball through the hoop.

One of those nights, at the expense of a marvelous Hoya team.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby mpwalsh8 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Xudash wrote:

I still regard that game as the finest championship game I've ever witnessed. At first, I thought Nova would start missing at some point - regression to the mean and all that. But after a while, it was as though you just expected Villanova to come down the floor and put the basketball through the hoop.

One of those nights, at the expense of a marvelous Hoya team.

I was a Junior at VU for that game. It was one of those nights where you kind of remember everything but everything was a blur. Every time I see the game replay I see things I don't remember happening but we had been drinking pretty much non-stop for a couple weeks by that point. :D
mpwalsh8

Postby mpwalsh8 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:40 pm

9/10 from the field in the second half - also a very impressive stat.
mpwalsh8

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board