Top 50 players in College basketball

The home for Big East hoops

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:13 pm

The big Lead ranked the top 50 players for next season. Here's the BE's inclusions:

46. Ryan Arcidiacono, PG, Villanova – Made this list two years ago, to much outrage from the twitter mob. Was the Big East co-Player of the Year as a junior.

22. D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, G, Georgetown – Leading scorer last season (16.3 ppg) made a wise move to return to school after initially declaring for the draft. Was the Preseason Big East POY last year, but didn’t quite live up to expectations.

11. Jalen Brunson, PG, Villanova – Son of a former NBA point guard looked like a high-impact player this summer, and he could be good enough to slide Villanova senior Ryan Arcidiacono to shooting guard. Brunson has that takeover quality you love in a point guard, and at times reminds me of a young Deron Williams.

4. Kris Dunn, PG, Providence – Highly-touted recruit finally got healthy and showed everyone what he’s capable of as a sophomore: 2nd in the nation in assists (7.6 per game) and averaged 15.6 ppg and 5.5 rpg, too. Shared Big East Player of the Year honors with Villanova’s Ryan Arcidiacono.

I think that might be a little high for Brunson, but not a terrible list.

Thoughts?
hoyahooligan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Top 50 players in College basketball

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Here's to hoping Jalen Reynolds in on that list by the end of the year!
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:05 am

If Jalen Brunson ends up being the 11th best player in college hoops this year then Nova's going to be better than last year.

Interestingly you ask 5 different Nova fans who will be the best player on the floor this year and you'll hear 5 different answers: Brunson, Arch, Ochefu, Hart & Booth. Like last year I don't think any one player is going to be counted on enough to fill the stat sheets by themselves. So I can't see Brunson putting up the numbers to get him that much national acclaim just because others are more than capable to do the same. But the kid had a great summer and seems to be ready to play (well) at this level.

Big East snubs from this list IMO:

Rosie Jones & Dunham - Butler
Copeland - G'town
Ochefu - Nova
Ellenson - Marq (this CBS list is littered with Frosh; why no love/respect for Ellenson?)
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

A little shocked to see Brunson so high, but he has a ton of potential. Like Gumby said, if he truly is the 11th best player on Nova this year, then they will be much improved from last season.

Also, disappointed not to see Ellenson on the list. Granted, he is most likely on the bubble with the list, but I really think he will have a very strong season.

Dunham should also be on the list, IMO.
GoldenWarrior11

Return to Big East basketball message board