CBS Big East Summer School

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Chief Wiggum » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:50 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25253293/big-east-summer-school-key-players-back-for-villanova-georgetown

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH (TEAM COMMENTARY IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS)

1. Villanova Jay Wright has the upperclassmen he wants to lead and a freshman who can be a star, but the Wildcats will be judged in late March, not early March.

2. Georgetown A (presumed) step forward for Isaac Copeland and L.J. Peak paired with DSR's return and big Jessie Govan make the Hoyas a threat to Nova's reign.

3. Xavier Trevon Bluiett, Myles Davis and Jalen Reynolds have the all the potential in the world on a reshuffled team following the loss of Dee Davis and Matt Stainbrook.

4. Butler With Tyler Lewis taking over at point, Roosevelt Jones can move off the ball and the offense should see an uptick thanks to Lewis' skills with the ball.

5. Providence It's all about Dunn with Henton and Chukwu gone. Sophomore Ben Bentil has an opportunity to step up on an undersized frontline.

6. Marquette Stud freshmen Henry Ellenson and Haanif Cheathem could start immediately for a young but talented roster that could flirt with the bubble.

7. Seton Hall I'm not sure how far talented guard Isaiah Whitehead can carry the Pirates but we are certainly about to find out.

8. St. John's For all the excitement about Mullin and Durand Johnson it's important to note five of the top six scorers are gone.

9. DePaul Dave Leitao has some work ahead to make DePaul a tournament team again, starting with an improvement on its league-worst defense.

10. Creighton A team that struggled in conference play loses 3 senior starters. Improvement depends on a pair of transfers, Cole Huff and Mo Watson.
Chief Wiggum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBS Big East Summer School

Postby milksteak » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Fair list. I would say 2-4 and 7-10 are pretty much interchangeable.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Pretty much as expected from a mainstream media source.

Bring on the season. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Boyee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm not saying DePaul Blue Demons will make the NCAA Tournament this upcoming season, but I think Head Coach Dave Leitao, Associate Head Coach Rick Carter and Assistant Coaches Billy Garrett and Patrick Sellers will surprise some Big East Conference fans and will have a decent shot at the NCAA Tournament in their last full season at the Allstate Arena.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby Letsgonova » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:37 am

Boyee wrote:I'm not saying DePaul Blue Demons will make the NCAA Tournament this upcoming season, but I think Head Coach Dave Leitao, Associate Head Coach Rick Carter and Assistant Coaches Billy Garrett and Patrick Sellers will surprise some Big East Conference fans and will have a decent shot at the NCAA Tournament in their last full season at the Allstate Arena.

Are they going to play? :lol:
Letsgonova

Return to Big East basketball message board