Marquette NBA players getting PAID

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Marquette NBA players getting PAID

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 pm

David West opted out of his contract and signed a $1.2 million one year deal with San Antonio.
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:33 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:MUBox, You went back to edit your post to say "according to Painttouches" but didn't amend their incorrect statement when you yourself learned that it wasn't remotely accurate. Why? Great work by you to do the leg work. But why not, while editing, did you not call out their error in the OP?

Because I wanted to wait and hear their defense of their math. The way they did it was guaranteed money left on contracts. Which if you ask me is a skewed stat just to make MU look fancy since our 4 best players all renegotiated this year. So in a sense what they were reporting was true, they just used poor terminology.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:43 am

MUBoxer wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:MUBox, You went back to edit your post to say "according to Painttouches" but didn't amend their incorrect statement when you yourself learned that it wasn't remotely accurate. Why? Great work by you to do the leg work. But why not, while editing, did you not call out their error in the OP?

Because I wanted to wait and hear their defense of their math. The way they did it was guaranteed money left on contracts. Which if you ask me is a skewed stat just to make MU look fancy since our 4 best players all renegotiated this year. So in a sense what they were reporting was true, they just used poor terminology.

Either way Marq. alums have been doing very well in the NBA. You gotta think Ellenson should be the next MU player to get there and make some big $.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:50 am

While looking at the numbers and seeing how much Dante Cunningham makes, it's certainly not chump change, but the kid missed out on a bigger, long term contract a few years back. His story is the flip side to the Ray Rice's and Greg Hardy's of the sports world.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11750556/former-minnesota-timberwolves-forward-dante-cunningham-struggles-clear-name

Unfortunately for men once you're accused (hello Duke LAX) it takes years to clear your good name. Hoping Dante gets well past the nonsense that he had to endure. By all accounts he was a great kid/teammate/student while at Nova, and why so many were shocked when the allegation first came out.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board