Johnnies in 2016 Battle 4 Atlantis

The home for Big East hoops

Postby redmen9194 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:53 am

They will join Louisville, Michigan State, VCU and Wichita State.
redmen9194

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Johnnies in 2016 Battle 4 Atlantis

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 am

1 good thing about that is that it doesn't impact the Gavitt games at all.

It'll be interesting to see if the Big East schools stop playing as much in the Paradise Jam, Charleston Classic that conflicts with the Gavitt Games.
stever20

Postby R Jay » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:06 pm

stever20 wrote:1 good thing about that is that it doesn't impact the Gavitt games at all.

It'll be interesting to see if the Big East schools stop playing as much in the Paradise Jam, Charleston Classic that conflicts with the Gavitt Games.

Well, Creighton is slated to be in the 2016 Paradise Jam, so unless it lines up on a different week, we'll be out next year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

R Jay wrote:
stever20 wrote:1 good thing about that is that it doesn't impact the Gavitt games at all.

Well, Creighton is slated to be in the 2016 Paradise Jam, so unless it lines up on a different week, we'll be out next year.

I wonder if this is why you guys are playing this year when McDermott according to some of you guys had said you weren't going to be playing.
stever20

Postby R Jay » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:50 pm

stever20 wrote:
R Jay wrote:

I wonder if this is why you guys are playing this year when McDermott according to some of you guys had said you weren't going to be playing.

My guess is that originally we were out, but then another team had their MTE conflict (Seton Hall, maybe?) with the Gavitt Games and had to commit to the MTE.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Return to Big East basketball message board