It's Officiall: 30-Second Shot Clock, Fewer Timeouts

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... r-timeouts

NCAA officially votes switch to 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts - CBS Sports - June 8, 2015

The NCAA formally voted into effect on Monday major rule changes that will alter the way men's college basketball is played.

These changes -- most notably a 30-second shot clock, down from 35 -- were put forth by the men's basketball rules committee three weeks ago.

The sport will see a wider arc underneath the rim, an emphasis on foul calls in an effort to clean the game up and allow for more freedom of movement, and all timeouts called within 30 seconds of an impending media timeout will then become said media timeout.

In addition to the overall reduction of timeouts (four timeouts instead of five; three can be saved for the second half) and the change to the shot clock.

Next season will be a big one of change, and adjustment, for men's college basketball.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: It's Officiall: 30-Second Shot Clock, Fewer Timeouts

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 am

the biggest thing to me will be the 10 second count not resetting.

Also the women's game is making 2 huge changes that ultimately come to the men's game...
1- 4 10 minute quarters
2- last minute of the game timeouts advance ball to front court.

I'd be absolutely shocked if those 2 don't come to the men's game- which right now I think is only league in the world that is playing halves now.
stever20

Return to Big East basketball message board