Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Crying Villanova Girl gets a bobblehead

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Crying Villanova Girl gets a bobblehead

Postby cu blujs » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 am

Its nice and all, but do you really want that moment to be memorialized? I'd have a hard time wanting to be reminded each time a looked at it that our number 1 seeded team crashed and burned the first weekend. Had it been a regional final or final four loss, I might feel differently. Before anyone jumps on me, I realize that one of our best teams ever with a national player of the year crashed and burned in spectacular fashion the first weekend. I would not want a bobble head to remind me of that moment.
cu blujs

Re: Crying Villanova Girl gets a bobblehead

Postby mpwalsh8 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:07 pm

cu blujs wrote:Its nice and all, but do you really want that moment to be memorialized? I'd have a hard time wanting to be reminded each time a looked at it that our number 1 seeded team crashed and burned the first weekend. Had it been a regional final or final four loss, I might feel differently. Before anyone jumps on me, I realize that one of our best teams ever with a national player of the year crashed and burned in spectacular fashion the first weekend. I would not want a bobble head to remind me of that moment.

It is kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. No VU fan I know wants to remember losing to NC State on opening weekend. At the same time, the Piccolo player handled the attention really well and brought a lot of positive press for Villanova. Some of the proceeds from Bobblehead go to support the Pep Band and they'll probably receive more money this way than they do via normal donations.

My daughter wanted one so I ordered two of them. I figure we might as well make some lemons out of lemonade.
mpwalsh8

Return to Big East basketball message board