Richmond IN, Dayton OUT

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Richmond IN, Dayton OUT

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Bostonspider wrote:Not sure GU controls anything, but you figure they and the rest of the eastern teams have a big say. I would love to see Wake lower their football to FCS and join in the fun of the Big East. As to exit fees, I thought that the conference was planning a Grant of Media Rights instead.

Wake Swake... Get ND and convince BC to move their football to Independent and get them for all sports...
BillEsq

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yorost » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Bostonspider wrote:Not sure GU controls anything, but you figure they and the rest of the eastern teams have a big say. I would love to see Wake lower their football to FCS and join in the fun of the Big East. As to exit fees, I thought that the conference was planning a Grant of Media Rights instead.

That Georgetown article suggested so, but who knows.
yorost

Postby xu95 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Not to toot my own horn, but this is exactly what I posted at approximately 1PM. :D
xu95

Postby sandw04 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm

The C7 won't have an exit fee. But they will have "indulgences." :lol:
sandw04

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm not sure about an exit fee, but I'm sure it won't be easy to get out.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Moliva » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Scoop wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I figured I would register and post. I have a trusted 'source' inside the Villanova athletic department that said the ESPN reports aren't entirely accurate, and were likely leaked by someone hoping to manipulate the process. Xavier and Butler are definitely IN next year b/c they were the only 2 schools where there was a consensus. Despite what is being reported, Creighton and RICHMOND are likely next in line, in part b/c of a recent compromise between the eastern and western C7 schools. The last spot is undecided, but Fox has been pushing for SLU, which would leave Dayton out of the mix.

Scoop, I'd love for you to somehow prove you aren't a Xavier fan trying to flame away at Dayton (which would be moderately amusing, in itself) or a VCU fan trying to string along this Richmond fan unnecessarily.
Moliva

Postby thebin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 am

"Wake Swake... Get ND and convince BC to move their football to Independent and get them for all sports..."

Clearly you have put no thought in to this whatsoever. Let's see....0.0% chance we could get Wake or BC or Duke for that matter to give up their FBS football teams...which are worth $14MILLION DOLLARS a year to them.

Secondly, and more importantly, grow a backbone and get rid of this pathetic need to be seen as one of the cool kids by giving a damn about ND or BC...who clearly don't give a damn about you. You are INSANSE if you think ND or BC care a lick about small, poor, mediocre Catholic schools just because they are Catholic. This isn't the 19th century. Anyone who hasn't learned the biggest lesson of the last decade- that if you want to play elite basketball without football you NEED to stay away from the FBS programs....hasn't been paying the smallest bit of attention.
thebin

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 am

thebin wrote:"Wake Swake... Get ND and convince BC to move their football to Independent and get them for all sports..."

Clearly you have put no thought in to this whatsoever. Let's see....0.0% chance we could get Wake or BC or Duke for that matter to give up their FBS football teams...which are worth $14MILLION DOLLARS a year to them.

Secondly, and more importantly, grow a backbone and get rid of this pathetic need to be seen as one of the cool kids by giving a damn about ND or BC...who clearly don't give a damn about you. You are INSANSE if you think ND or BC care a lick about small, poor, mediocre Catholic schools just because they are Catholic. This isn't the 19th century. Anyone who hasn't learned the biggest lesson of the last decade- that if you want to play elite basketball without football you NEED to stay away from the FBS programs....hasn't been paying the smallest bit of attention.

If my other posts on the fact that no FBS team didn't warn you that this was probably a sarcastic post... the first two words WAKE SWAKE probably should... that said you are right 0% chance of a FBS team dropping its program.
BillEsq

Postby thebin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am

Gotcha. It is just that I'm sickened to see how many people who should no better want to throw ND another lifeline and build an ACC defection into our new league so I was willing to believe the BC/Wake angle too.
thebin

Postby BillEsq » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 am

thebin wrote:Gotcha. It is just that I'm sickened to see how many people who should no better want to throw ND another lifeline and build an ACC defection into our new league so I was willing to believe the BC/Wake angle too.

I understand if anything my point was if you were going to go after FBS teams WTF would you pick Wake... go for the gold get BC and ND. ND can go independent (as it is) and BC potentially could (highly unlikely) . None of these schools are dropping are dropping FBS and i doubt any are joining with the C7 plus the major mix league concept is dead.
BillEsq

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board