10 Big East newcomers to watch

The home for Big East hoops

10 Big East newcomers to watch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 10 Big East newcomers to watch

Postby billyjack » Tue May 12, 2015 9:09 am

Great list. Some serious studs will be arriving.

Really looking forward to seeing Omaha's own 5-star Justin Patton. Especially going up against 5-star Ellenson. How cool is that?
Providence
billyjack

Postby BEhomer » Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 am

I guess they are not counting last year's transfer/redshirt, because I also look forward to seeing makinde london at xavier and cole huff at creighton.
BEhomer

Postby BigmanU » Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 am

BEhomer wrote:I guess they are not counting last year's transfer/redshirt, because I also look forward to seeing makinde london at xavier and cole huff at creighton.

Great list. Good catch on not including this year's eligible transfers/redshirts (makinde London, cole huff etc) . This would make the list more of a primer for this upcoming season. Also transfers who have to wait till 16-17 (Marcus Foster Creighton, K. Savage Butler etc.) probably should not be included until next year.
BigmanU

Postby Chalmers0 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

Ya I really don't get the point of including players that have to sit out this year in a "newcomers to watch for" post.
Chalmers0

Postby sciencejay » Tue May 12, 2015 2:49 pm

The Jays have two returning post players that have seen considerable time (Groselle and Hanson if he can get his shoulder healthy), and Coach McD requires new players to be pretty solid at defense before seeing much court time, so the "Patton should play right away" comment seems naive.

His athleticism can be a huge benefit, but he weighs about a buck ninety dripping wet, so he probably needs a red shirt year to get used to the speed of BE play and put some weight on.
sciencejay

Postby BEX » Tue May 12, 2015 4:47 pm

BEhomer wrote:I guess they are not counting last year's transfer/redshirt, because I also look forward to seeing makinde london at xavier and cole huff at creighton.

If X RS Edmond Sumner is over his "growing pains", the BE is in for a real surprise.
Last edited by BEX on Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEX

Postby BEX » Tue May 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Think he starts @ PG.
BEX

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue May 12, 2015 7:39 pm

sciencejay wrote:The Jays have two returning post players that have seen considerable time (Groselle and Hanson if he can get his shoulder healthy), and Coach McD requires new players to be pretty solid at defense before seeing much court time, so the "Patton should play right away" comment seems naive.

His athleticism can be a huge benefit, but he weighs about a buck ninety dripping wet, so he probably needs a red shirt year to get used to the speed of BE play and put some weight on.

If you red shirt your first top 50 recruit you might not get another one.
hoyahooligan

Postby Jet915 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
sciencejay wrote:The Jays have two returning post players that have seen considerable time (Groselle and Hanson if he can get his shoulder healthy), and Coach McD requires new players to be pretty solid at defense before seeing much court time, so the "Patton should play right away" comment seems naive.

If you red shirt your first top 50 recruit you might not get another one.

He's skin and bones but he won't redshirt IMO. His rating is based on potential more than current play but he apparently holds his own fine during scrimmages.
Jet915

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board