BEast teams:What's your Starting 5?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby BigmanU » Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 am

The dust is settling and everyone has declared (NBA). What's each teams anticipated starting five.

Georgetown's roster probably will be settled during the summer. A trip to Italy is set up and I assume things should shake themselves out then. I could see Akoy Agau replacing either Peak or Campbell in the staring lineup at the 4 moving Copeland to the more natural 3 spot 2nd Semester.

Govan/Hayes
Copeland
LJ Peak
DSR
Campbell

Please chime in with thoughts on other teams or informed opinions.
BigmanU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEast teams:What's your Starting 5?

Postby Frambo » Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 am

my pick for X

1 - Sumner
2 - Abell
3 - Davis
4 - Bluiett
5 - Reynolds

sub Farr for Davis if going bigger
Frambo

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 am

Jay very rarely gives Freshman the thumbs up to start and favors his upperclassmen when looking to give players the starting nod. With that being said I see Villanova's INITIAL starting 5 to be:

Arcidiacono
Booth
Hart
Jenkins
Ochefu

Brunson = 6 man.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby BEX » Mon May 11, 2015 11:02 am

Frambo wrote:my pick for X

1 - Sumner
2 - Abell
3 - Davis
4 - Bluiett
5 - Reynolds

sub Farr for Davis if going bigger

4 6'10" guys - Farr, London, O'mara and Reynolds with a 6' 6" PG Sumner. lol
BEX

Postby Jet915 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

We have a couple of talented freshman coming in RS G Ronnie Harrell (top 100) and C Justin Patton (top 50) but I think Coach Mac starts the veterans atleast at the beginning.

PG: Maurice Watson Jr.
SG: James Milliken
SF: Cole Huff
PF: Toby Hegner
C: Geoff Groselle
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon May 11, 2015 11:32 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Jay very rarely gives Freshman the thumbs up to start and favors his upperclassmen when looking to give players the starting nod. With that being said I see Villanova's INITIAL starting 5 to be:

Arcidiacono
Booth
Hart
Jenkins
Ochefu

Brunson = 6 man.

I think he sometimes makes exceptions when the player's talent is undeniable. Think of Brunson like Scotty Reynolds. I think when he is dominating in practice and preseason, it will be tough to keep him off the floor. Look at the impact Frosh guards have made around the country the past few years (Trimble, Russell, Jones, Tyler Ennis, etc.) I think Booth is the odd man out but ends up playing starters minutes. I think Brunson will be the best guard on the team, and that saying something considering Arch's importance and how excited everyone is to see Booth get more minutes.

I like that Gtwon roster. I think they are going to be really, really tough this year. My darkhorse for BE Ist team: Copeland. Huge upside; waiting to break out.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 am

BigmanU wrote:The dust is settling and everyone has declared (NBA). What's each teams anticipated starting five.

Georgetown's roster probably will be settled during the summer. A trip to Italy is set up and I assume things should shake themselves out then. I could see Akoy Agau replacing either Peak or Campbell in the staring lineup at the 4 moving Copeland to the more natural 3 spot 2nd Semester.

Govan/Hayes
Copeland
LJ Peak
DSR
Campbell

Could see a lot of different potential starting line ups next year:

I think we'll see:
DSR
Peak
White
Copeland
Govan

with Campbell first off the bench don't like the thought of all 3 of our guards being in the starting line up. I think one of peak or Campbell comes of the bench and since Peak started last year he'll likely start again. Plus presumably DSR will want to continue to play PG to help his pro prospects.

Rest of the bench being Agau, Derrickson, Hayes, Johnson. Who knows maybe the light will go on for Cameron and he'll work his way into the rotation, but I'm not counting on that.
hoyahooligan

Postby BigmanU » Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

hoyahooligan wrote:
BigmanU wrote:The dust is settling and everyone has declared (NBA). What's each teams anticipated starting five.

Govan/Hayes
Copeland
LJ Peak
DSR
Campbell

Could see a lot of different potential starting line ups next year:

I think we'll see:
DSR
Peak
White
Copeland
Govan

with Campbell first off the bench don't like the thought of all 3 of our guards being in the starting line up. I think one of peak or Campbell comes of the bench and since Peak started last year he'll likely start again. Plus presumably DSR will want to continue to play PG to help his pro prospects.

Rest of the bench being Agau, Derrickson, Hayes, Johnson. Who knows maybe the light will go on for Cameron and he'll work his way into the rotation, but I'm not counting on that.

I thought about that also. That's probably who I would like to start. To balance the lineup (substitution patterns etc.) I'm pretty sure they will roll with the lineup you posted.
BigmanU

Postby FriarJ » Mon May 11, 2015 11:53 am

For PC I expect this

PG Dunn 6' 4"
SG Lindsay 6' 7"
SF Bullock 6' 8"
PF Bentil 6' 9"
C Chuckwu 7' 2"

Pretty tall lineup.
FriarJ

Postby Xudash » Mon May 11, 2015 1:33 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Jay very rarely gives Freshman the thumbs up to start and favors his upperclassmen when looking to give players the starting nod. With that being said I see Villanova's INITIAL starting 5 to be:

Arcidiacono
Booth
Hart
Jenkins
Ochefu

Brunson = 6 man.

I think he sometimes makes exceptions when the player's talent is undeniable. Think of Brunson like Scotty Reynolds. I think when he is dominating in practice and preseason, it will be tough to keep him off the floor. Look at the impact Frosh guards have made around the country the past few years (Trimble, Russell, Jones, Tyler Ennis, etc.) I think Booth is the odd man out but ends up playing starters minutes. I think Brunson will be the best guard on the team, and that saying something considering Arch's importance and how excited everyone is to see Booth get more minutes.

I like that Gtwon roster. I think they are going to be really, really tough this year. My darkhorse for BE Ist team: Copeland. Huge upside; waiting to break out.

I really like Copeland as well.

I believe Georgetown will use him as their nuclear option to get even with us this coming season.
XAVIER
Xudash

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board